cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

You may not like what I have to say

I LOVE THE NEW EX.  With all the new windows, doors and bigger closets and younger folk to help.  If you look around the new members are getting younger.  Maybe we have an opportunity to save them instead of them waiting until they are our age to quit. It isn't always about US!!!!  Think about the young lives we can help save if we just have a willingness to let go of the old and learn relearn the new.  

15 Replies
tjanddj

Absolutely! I believe they are getting used to the change Jackie some just find it more difficult to go through the change but they know how important quitting is and are trying and are adapting! This will feel like home again.

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you for your response.  I appreciate it.  There is nothing wrong with "feeling like home" but there is a greater purpose and calling. 

0 Kudos
tjanddj

Yes there is a greater cause and that is why they haven't left even though they are having difficulty finding there way around. I welcome the new EX. I love change. we need change. I love that it is reaching out to the younger folks that is awesome!

Jennifer-Quit

I am with you 100%!  

elvan

I'm TRYING, I promise, I am giving this my best shot, my best shot might not be as strong or accurate at it used to be. I have a rough time with any changes...when I started working at my son's cafe, I cried myself to sleep every night.  For heaven's sake, I am a retired nurse it's not like people died if I made a mistake at the cafe, I am just really impatient with my slower rate of learning, I need to do a data dump from my head because there are too many things in there.  I am on system overload.  I am thrilled that some people really like the new site and I want to be one of you...I just might take longer than I want to.  I am pretty comfortable with the cafe now, unless they decide that they each want to direct me to a different way to do things.  I take copious notes when I learn a new job or a new program, I am relentless when it comes to my performance.  I had a law student come in two weeks after I started and he knew me from when I worked at the school.  He told me there was no way he could have learned that program as well as he thought I had in two weeks...he told me to please be kind and patient with myself.  I'm learning that too.  The friendlier this place is to new people, the better.  Let's face it, the new people keep us all going and give us a new way to help.

Thanks, Lady J, you are clearly the classic overachiever!  Is there anything you don't excel at?  Seriously, I am not being sarcastic, you are one amazingly smart lady.

MarilynH

Thanks for this post Jackie, I am getting used to all of the changes, one day at a time I've been frustrated at times especially in the first week of being in this new platform but I'm still here for each and everyone of us Exers but mostly I'm still here for the people that are on the fence about quitting for the folks that just set a quit date or for the one's just starting their quit journey, for the folks that are struggling and for all of the wonderful Exers celebrating milestones and for you my friends and fellow Exers and for me because I want to see everyone Free from this horrid addiction ....JACKIE1-25-15

Daniela2016

Look you ladies, like I was telling Jennifer earlier, we are doing our best, and with the best intentions.

You know I have been involved with the EX-Café and just posted a welcome new members with a beautiful lounge pic.

BTW, Jennifer I am giving you credit for the list of New members there :-), and Pati is telling me she got a pop up the pic of the lounge is linked to some dangerous site...I had to email Mark to ask him to remove it 😞  How am I supposed to know before I post it??? We all post pics from the web, right, shouldn't this website have some security stops, and prevent me for posting anything dangerous???  So, you see Ellen, you have no reason to be upset, we are all learning, some easier, some harder...

It was all with good intentions and I spent so much time at the Café, even if I am just the floating employee, trying to step up when the main was busy, away, and so on, trying to advertise, find the new members, find a way to welcome them, staying late, and answering when no one else was around...and now I made a ups....how am I going to fix it??? I'll figure out a way...sorry, I just can't stop...

MarilynH

Gentle hugs my friend, we're all trying to do our best and you are doing great.Daniela2016

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you for your support. We always have Mark willing and able to help whenever and where ever he can.