cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

YOUR INFORMATION..please provide your quit date and your plan to quit. (meds?/cold turkey)

The aim is to help you get you into accepting and implementing changes in your

thought process when you are craving a cigarette so that you can walk through it

or step around it empowered.

This Post Is From 2011

Tags (1)
20 Replies
Tyme.2.Kwit

I'm Lisa. My quit date is set for February 11, 2017 and I am using the patch and lozenges....

0 Kudos
glenna60

Feb. 6, 2017. 40 + years of smoking. Been cutting back for a while now, but I want to put them down totally.

0 Kudos

When people get to around 5 or less the physical addiction kicks in. Those receptors have a pain threshold.  🙂

So stay in touch as it's the time I suggest you quit rather than trying to go down one per day to zero as you are in withdrawal more time than necessary.

The nicotine leaves your body in 72 hours. There's 2-3 weeks of symptoms

Where Does It Come From? 

0 Kudos
Wanda45

My second time around is 01/31/2017.  I am using patches.

0 Kudos

Sounds Good!

You know the drill. 🙂

0 Kudos
Tyme.2.Kwit

Hi, my name is Lisa. My quit date is February 11th and I'm using the nicotine patch system and lozenges. I've been smoking for 30 years, and it's really time to quit...

0 Kudos
cig_poet

Chantix starting on Feb 13, quit dates Feb 20.... both Mondays.  I am a bit of a serial quitter so I haven't quit in a couple years.  This will be my best chance.  I am joining here and maybe a personal coach.

0 Kudos
Lauralives

Hi cig_poet.  Good for you.  I get the serial quitter thing.  I didn't tell many people because I was embarrassed.  I am on day 12 and started with the patch but went off of it 4 days ago because I'm so allergic to the adhesive.  This time I am telling myself, and really believing, that smoking did NOTHING to improve my life.  That addiction to smoking is just something that the tobacco industry convinced us is true and that people should suffer when they quit.  I know, crazy, right?  But...it seems to be working.  We are here for each other and this site is the support I needed to help me be successful.....finally!!

Lauralives

0 Kudos
KMC56

Good morning all!!!

Have found a possie new addiction....Beignets.  I have never been to New Orleans, so I have nothing authentic to compare to....but had to try on Pierre 39.  So I'll have...just one...will power..and my fav...spiced chain tea.  And I want to sit in Marilyns room!

Kathy

0 Kudos
wordswoman

I quit January 28, 2017 and I use lozenges.

0 Kudos