cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Worst Day Ever!

Ok, so I'm here to vent   Today has been the worst day since my quit.  Just when I thought I had it licked a day like today proves me wrong.  Don't worry, I didn't give in and will Never give in as I've come to far to do that.  I'm really having a bad one today and even though I've done all the exercises and coping skills that are at my disposal, the Urge has not gone away at all.  I've been dealing with this all day and it's still an issue. My anxiety level is through the roof, my mood is far from a good one and I'm having temper flair ups with everyone around me.

What the heck is going on?  I just want to go to bed and put an end to this day.

HELP!

28 Replies
SaraCorinne

Good morning Ralph!  I'm up WAY to early for a Sunday morning but had an awful dream and couldn't get back to sleep.  I know, in my heart, that you made it through your worst day ever w/o smoking!  Your worst day ever is a reminder that we will probably, forever, need to stay on guard because we know how easy it would be to plop ourselves right back where we were.....

In the beginning of my quit I did just what Giulia said above.  My 19yr old daughter walked past me while I was doing it and said, "mom, what the heck are you doing?"  Pretending, I said!  Hey, it helped and that's all that matters although I only did it in the comfort of my own home because they already know I'm a little coo-coo, lol!  Have a GREAT Sunday and take care!

Sara

Ralph1955

I made it through. Finally went to bed so I didn’t have to deal with it and woke up refreshed. I guess this will be the norm from time to time 

SaraCorinne

I knew it!  Good to hear! 

Ralph1955

Woke up this morning to a beautiful morning. Yesterday it was nearly 90* and today it’s in the 70’s. Breathable weather and the cooler temperature feels amazing. I could be wrong but does the air smell fresher since my quit? Hmmm

Christine13

The air does smell fresher after you quit, especially after a rain.  Good work Ralph you got through it!!

indingrl

CONGRATS AND GOOD JOB BEING EMOTIONALY AND MENTALY AND SPIRITUALY RESONSIBLE FOR YOU AND CHOOSIMO VENT BLOG FIRST AND LOVING YOU FIRST TO LOVE MORE THAN USING-YOUR NEW MIND SET-NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF EVER-NOT ONE PUFF EVER! YOUR FREE WILL CHOICE IN MOMENTS-TO CONTINUE LIVING A NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE-ONE BREATHE AT A TIME! GOOD JOB LONG SUFFERING INSIDE AND VENT BLOG WITH YOUR VICTORY INSIDE OF YOU-GODS GRACE AND LOVE YOUR CHOICE TO CONTINUE IN LOVE AND HELPING ME THIS MOMENT TO HOPE IF YOU CAN I CAN ACEPT LIFE ON LIFES TERMS! Thank you for HearingOtherPeoplesExerienc! HOPE!

paradox55

I've been trying to get back here all day to check on you. I just knew you'd survive your Worst Day Ever! Congrats my friend!

Ralph1955

First I was afraid I was petrified ..... I Did Survive    

marciem

I'm so happy to read this, Ralph!!  I'm sorry I was late to the thread...

My experience was, that yes, those really really crappy days pop up unexpectedly when you think you're so done with all that, and they can really kick your ***... and then immediately or very shortly after that, total ease ensues.  You are really in the midst of NML, and the quick-sand of that desert can grab you and startle you... but you are stronger than it, and I promise, from here out it just gets easier!!

I'm so proud of you for making it thru, even if it was by the hair of your chinny-chin-chin.    You won't regret it a bit!!

0 Kudos