cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

aarenstrimple

Worry Wart

I haven't quit yet and I'm not sure that this will work. I live with my parents (who smoke inside and have no desire to quit) and most of my family and friends smoke. I feel really alone in my descision but I have children who need me here. They don't deserve any of the extra that comes with having a smoking parent: They smell like smoke, mommy doesn't want to play, they have "that parent that smokes", and lets not forget all the second hand. I also am only 26 and have noticed I have terrible circulation, trouble concentrating, and I feel tired all the time. These are signs similar to two things: carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhilation (which is the real cause of most deaths in house fires!) None of that is normal! I need support and this online thing isn't for me, but something has to change. This isn't a new year's resolution. I keep trying to quit and I've only been successful on my own for four months. I hope this is the beginning of the end!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lindasee

Hang in there! You can do it. It won't be easy, but it's up to you and you alone. Four months is pretty good! Try to do that again!
I hear ya, though. It's soooo hard. I raised three kids and smoked the whole time. Not a one of them smoke, yay! 

0 Kudos
carrieann3

Keep it going Aaren!
0 Kudos
gemini159

I do hope that you will continue, to strive to be SMOKE FREE.

0 Kudos