Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LeslieAB

Work in Progress

This is flipping difficult..... 🤦🏼‍♀️

4 Replies
Maki

• Yes the early days for many can be quite difficult . I'm sorry you are having a difficult time this morning . This afternoon may be better though . Take it moment by moment and step by step . It's definitly worth it to get through each day smoke free . They do add up and I promise you will love being smoke free . It's gets much better every day . So many pluses .  Can you maybe get out for a walk if there are no temptations . Distraction definitly helps . Can  you perhaps  journal your feelings and you  experience  . Go to the games section , do the pledge , play some games in the game section . Go through the pets section . Lots to do here to help . There is a blog/journal section here for your use as well or do one in private . It helps with the process . People read the blogs/journals everyday . I'm glad you posted . I hope your day gets better as the day goes on and you learn new ways to fill in that void you may be feeling . Make a list of things you've always wanted to do and go do them . The money you save you can put towards some of those things now . Congrats on deciding to quit . You've made a really good decision and although it's a bit hard now it does get easier . Work in progress , and  progress in working . You are doing great ! 

Maki

I just noticed your quit date is set for April 11 . Are you cutting down until then or have you already quit @LeslieAB ? Feel free if you are comfortable to share a bit about yourself in the journal section so we can get to know you better . We are all looking forward to you journeying with us . 

Snowdoggie

@LeslieAB Hi Leslie, welcome to Ex. Quitting is difficult. There is a lot of material on the site to help you succeed. There are many successful quitters here and you can be one also. Post in the blogs/journal area and read the posts there. It gets more coverage. Distract yourself by exploring the website

Barbscloud

@LeslieAB Welcome to the Ex.  If you haven't done so already read lots of material on the site.  Knowledge about nicotine addiction and having a quit plan, won't make it easy, but will make it possible.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here to support your, so please reach out anytime we can help.

Barb