cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jordan4

Wont be here for 3-4 weeks

Hey everybody. I wanted to take a second to tell yall that Ive been doing VERY well with my quit. Setting aside the 3 cigs that Ive smoked in the past 20 days Ive been feeling great. just VERY busy geting ready for the field. I will be leaving saturday the 26th I will be gone till at LEAST the 22nd but could last till the 28th. Its the infantry...get used to it. hahaha. But I just want to thank everyone for their support and hope that youll all wish me the best of luck while Im in louisiana training my ass off to stay smoke free. 😉 Thnk you and I love you ALL.

Bring it on. A paratrooper can always go one more.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
paula19

3 CIGS IN 20 DAYS, I THINK THAT IS WONDERFUL!! KEEP IT UP!! YOU MAY FIND U WILL BE 0 CIGS IN 30 DAYS, OR MAYBE 1 CIG IN 30 DAYS, WHATEVER HAPPENS, THE LESS U SMOKE THE BETTER!!! SOME PEOPLE OUT HERE WANT U TO SAY YOU DON'T SMOKE AT ALL ANYMORE OR THEY CONSIDER U STILL A SMOKER (BAD), I HAVE QUIT FOR 4 MONTHS, BUT STARTED HAVING ABOUT 3 CIGS PER MONTH!! SO SOME SAY I DID NOT QUIT, WELL LET ME TELL U AFTER 30 YRS OF SMOKING, SMOKING 3 A MONTH FEELS GREAT, I CAN BREATHE, I DON'T COUGH, I HAVE NO MORE HEADACHES, OR CHEST PAIN OR SORE THROATS, AND HAVE NOT GOTTEN SICK!! SO YES IT'S BETTER TO SMOKE NONE, BUT AS LONG AS WE NEVER GO BACK TO THE WAY WERE DAILY SMOKERS, THEN WE ACHIEVED SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!! SOMEDAY EVERYONE ON THIS SITE MITE MAKE IT COMPLETELY OFF THE CIGS, BUT SOME WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MAKE IT A MONTH OFF THE CIGS, AND OTHERS WILL DO WHAT THEY HAVE TO, SO THEY CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT WHAT THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED!! THIS IS HARD!! BUT MILLIONS HAVE QUIT, SOME HAVE WENT BACK AFTER YEARS AND SOME HAVEN'T, I HOPE I CAN EVENTUALLY SAY NO I DON'T NEED 2 OR 3 CIGS A MONTH!! BUT IF I DON'T THEN I WON'T GET UPSET OVER IT, BECAUSE I AM HAPPY THAT I MADE IT 4 MONTHS WITH THOSE FEW LITTLE DRAGS I HAVE TAKEN. GL
0 Kudos
cindy25

Way to kick some ash Jordan! I bet you have a way easier time training now that you are a nonsmoker!
0 Kudos
babs77

Jordan, wishing you the best in your continuing quit. Check back as soon you can!
0 Kudos
jennie3

good for you keep trying
0 Kudos