cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sister5

Withdrawals

What should I expect after 2 weeks of no Smoking, I really haven't had any serious Withdrawals. Or will I even have any? Just need to know.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
constanceclum

It's different for everyone and unpredictable. Most of us do have withdrawals so it's hard to say. I would say that maybe you will continue to be crave free, but be prepared anyway. Always be on guard.

Connie

0 Kudos
sweetplt

It is wonderful that you are not experiencing any withdrawal symptoms...but I think you should stay vigilant...and hopefully you won’t have any craves and urges and that will be super....keep it going ... and Have a nice evening...~ Colleen 275 DOF 

0 Kudos
Sister5

Oh yes I do have cravings Etc. Maybe I worded it wrong. I meant being sick.

sweetplt

Oh ...I got it Sister5 withdrawal symptoms...for example, I had cough, headache, just hurt all over for a few weeks...then I got a sinus infection and upper respiratory infection...yup...those withdrawals symptoms...I think everyone is different and it depends a lot on how much one smoked...right now...count yourself lucky and just my opinion if you haven’t had withdrawal’s physically in the first week...you may not...

0 Kudos
Sister5

Prayers are getting me through, but right now I want a cigarette so bad,

going to bed. I smoked for 49 years

sweetplt

Best thing to do...I found myself in the beginning going to bed when I wanted/craved and found usually the next day was better...let me know how you are doing tomorrow....

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I didn't have much in the way of physical withdrawal.   Mine was more emotional - feeling sad, crying for reason, etc.

0 Kudos
Giulia

You can do this.  Really you can.  Personally I wasn't sick after I quit but  sure did crave cigarettes.  You know, something you might do - write down during different parts of the day how you feel.  Then at the end of another week, look back and see if there's been any change.  I'll bet you'll find there has been.  You might check out this app:  Smoke Free, quit smoking now and stop for good - Apps on Google Play   has some neat graphs:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/215251-re-when-does-it-get-easier?commentID=215251#commen...   Hang in!

0 Kudos
Sister5

thank you I appreciate it l slipped today and I had a puff of a cigarette

but I can't beat myself up I just got to pull up my big girl pants and go on

0 Kudos