cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dsprague

Withdrawal Symptoms

I have not smoked for 19 days, first 16 days were not to bad, but the last couple have been tougher than the first few. Anyone else had this and is it normal?

29 Replies
sweetplt

Early on it is a “roller coaster ride”...dsprague 

pastedImage_1.jpg Colleen 773 DOF 

dsprague

Thank you!

dsprague

Yes I think I may have taken the first days a little to lightly. Having to breath more and remind myself NOPE. And remember my friends here.

elvan

19 days is awesome. I can’t tell you how l felt at 19 days but l have certainly had up & down days. I haven’t smoked in 7 years & l don’t crave cigarettes anymore. I do get the occasional twinge of a memory but it never lasts. It always surprises me. I did go through a period of time when my thoughts were consumed by smoking or rather by NOT smoking. I thought about it constantly. My husband is a recovering alcoholic (36+ years) & he quit smoking 31 years ago. I asked him what to do because l figured he would have a suggestion. He told me that l needed to get on my knees & ask God to remove the mental obsession. He said l might have to do it more than once & it would not work if l did not get on my knees. I will admit to not really thinking that was going to work but l was willing to try anything. I did it & l remember that l had to do it more than once but not a hundred times...l really am not sure when l felt that the obsession had been lifted but l will say that once l felt that, it never came back with that power. It worked for me, along with coming to EX at least every morning. & every evening.

Ellen

dsprague

I will give it a try 

elvan

Let me know how it works for you.

dsprague

I will 

elvan

Rachy2283

The LORD IS GOOD!! HALLELUJIAH!! . I love JESUS STORIES.  I have a few hundred probably

freeneasy

Cravings can come out of nowhere at anytime.The good news is that when you don’t dwell on them they stop and you get stronger in your quit. The longer you go the less frequent they are.It could take 6 to 12 weeks until the nicotine receptors in your brain go dormant. Don’t give in. Keep your eye on the prize of freedom from addiction which is yours for the taking .