cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

janet28

Wish me Luck!!!

I am new here, just signed up today. Have not really set a quit date but would really like to in the near future. I am 47 years old and have smoked since I was 16. I have to children who have begged me to quit since I can remember. My husband smokes and has been told by several doctors to quit. He has had sarcoidosis and this has weakened his lungs. For my children and for the health of my husband this is why I want to quit.
I have tried several times with no success. I literally go into a panic if I don't have a
pack of cigarettes in the house or near by, even when I have quit. This is such a temptation and I end up smoking again. I am not a strong person and could use all the help I can get. I am hoping that this program will give me the strength I need.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
janet28

Thank you so much for your support. How long have you been a non-smoker. I have already found myself reaching for a
cigarette and saying to myself "no" wait a little while longer. I think keeping up with all the different triggers is going to be
a big help. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
janet28

Hi Edith, thanks for the support. You are right I should set a quit date and hopefully will by the end of the week. I have
already found myself reaching for a cigarette and think "no" you can wait a little while longer. I also try and think about
all the money I could save if I do quit. My daughter just started college and that money could be helping her. I am so
glad I found out about this program. I will keep you updated. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
SaraSmile

Well, Janet, luck has nothing to do with it! You must CHOOSE not to smoke and stay STRONG in your DECISION! BecomeAnEx.org, have you been there yet? It's nice to quit for your kids or family or whatever....This time I quit for ME! That way I can only blame myself if I fail! Only YOU can control your actions! Stop putting the nasty things to your lips! CHOOSE LIFE! I, for the first time in 30+ years, am in control of my actions and it feels MARVELOUS!
Sara
Photobucket
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
rachel17

Hi Janet,
Sorry about addressing Edith on your discussion. I think that by just finding this site you are on your way to a life free from cigarettes. You will find most of the people here very supportive. Ask anything you want or just get on here to vent your frustrations some one will be here to listen and probably at least a few will be feeling the same as you. I have tried to quit several times and hadn't made it this far until i joined the ex community. We can all do this together. I'm at 21 days now, soon that can be you too. NOT ONE MORE EVER! KEEP THE QUIT!!!
0 Kudos
janet28

Thanks for your support Rachel. I really feel determined this time and I think I can do it. It really helps to have all this support. Congratulations on your 21 days, that is great.
0 Kudos
jennifer61

You CAN do this, and it seems like you are sure of it this time. Start by saying you ARE a strong person. I think most of us, well I'll just speak for myself.. when I first realized I really wanted to quit, I got so scared. I cried almost everytime I thought about it. I just submerged myself with information and began to become a little more relaxed. I still bawled while smoking my last cig, because I knew it was going to be my last, but I think I was just afraid of what I was going to have to go through. Honestly, it wasn't as bad, I think positive attitude is better then any NRT or prescription you could get. Oh and what I want to say about wishing you luck... LUCK IS WHEN PREPARATION MEETS OPPORTUNITY. So here is your opportunity, are you ready?
0 Kudos