cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

antonia

Wisdom and Motivation

words of wisdom give it all to god and you will see big changes and relief in your lives amen
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
38 Replies
jv_

I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown.
  It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.
  Charlie Chaplin
0 Kudos
eberhardt

Namaste! (I regognize you as myself as you)

"Infinite is the number of living beings and all without exception desire happiness."--from Pandit Sukalalji's commentary on Umaswami's Tattvardhadigama Sutra (a Jaina text)

"All beings who are alive and happy tend to want to go on living." --Upanishad

"One who sees all beings as oneself thereby can hate none."--Ishopanishad

"Yoga is the stilling of constantly creating  thoughts." Patanjali's Yoga Sutras 1:2 9paraphrase)

"Noninjury is the highest duty."  Hindu sloka

"Kindness I will and not sacrifice"  from the Bible

0 Kudos
eberhardt

The light of God surrounds us;
The love of God enfolds us;
The power of God protects us;
The presence of God watches over us.
Wherever we are, God is.
And all is well.

unity church - closing prayer for protection

This prayer went to the moon with the first astronauts to go there

0 Kudos
celticwolf264

"It's easier to fight one craving than to fight for one single breath."  My dad, Richard Blackman, currently in hospital with COPD.    Elaine

0 Kudos
jambalaya

"How quickly not now becomes never"

Martin Luther

0 Kudos
eagleflight7

I like these subjects glad to be on board. Quit date; December 1,2009

0 Kudos
lana3

Just now got back into ex since the site change.  Have really missed this group and am glad to be back.

0 Kudos
deborah24

never expected to find a group like this here. now i'm more excited then ever to become an ex. these are the same people ( chopra, dyer, etc.) that help me overcome my depression without using drugs so i have high hopes for their works ( and others ) to help me with becoming an ex-smoker.

0 Kudos
krdwestfall

This isn't exactly "wise words" but I am on my 5th day of not smoking and the two things I've found to really help me is:

First, nicoderm (for now)

Second, keeping busy. Cleaning my house or doing anything to keep my mind off of smoking. I know its the nicotin but its also the motion of smoking. I honestly am not quiting bc I don't like it, bc I enjoy it so much. Its because I need to for my health and my son.

0 Kudos
kwandrie

I am happy to join this group.  I am starting a new life right now after a number of milestones.  What would any of you suggest as a spiritual gathering or church?  Maybe Unity?  I was hoping to find one closer to me than the unity here.  It is quite a ways away.

Cindy

0 Kudos