cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Will You Commit to go the Distance?

Wow, I am so thankful to be on this journey of freedom from nicotine.   FREEDOM, that is what it is to me.  I am no longer in bondage to a cigarette.  Sounds simple but it takes work to be smoke free.  I walk/run/jog about 3 times a week and occasionally run/walk 5k’s.  Since quitting smoking my stamina has greatly increased.   Here are a few running tips and tricks that correlate to success in quitting smoking.   First of all, quitting smoking may not be for sprinters because they are short distance runners.  This race of quitting is for those willing to go the distance of a marathon because the quit smoking journey never ends.  Are you willing to go the distance?Image result for marathon running

When running you need a rhythmic pace which coincides with breathing and body movement, if not your body will lag.  Liken to quit smoking you have to set a steady pace.   Sometimes doing one day at a time or even a moment. 

Tip: Breathing helps.  You will always have it with you. Try it when those craves hit and you just don’t know what to do.  If used often enough, breathing will be your automatic trigger buster.  

Tip: Remember the pace that you take on this journey is your own or you may fail. I am sure you have ever heard of the domino effect?  Well, I have seen it here. Image result for domino falling

Trick: When one person relapses it seems that is another one follows. 

Trick: It’s like an okay pass.  “If they did it, it’s okay for me too.  NOT!!!!

Tip: Make your quit your own!  It is okay to have a quit buddy who is running forward along with you.  A relay works, only if everyone stays and does not give up.  There are times you have to set your own pace, no matter what is happening with your quit buddy. 

Tip: Sincere help from you to someone else will help your quit too. As we mature in our quits pass the torch to help light the way for others.  I challenge you to run this marathon so you can pass the torch to light the path of those behind.

It seems that I am always emphasizing plan prepare and protect your quit.  For most of us this marathon started before day one with planning and preparation.  Commit to prepare yourself so not to have a false start.

Tip: Commitment to the marathon means doing whatever is necessary to continue the journey without a puff NOPE

Tip: Read Study Blog Participate.    

Tip: Be determined to move forward so you can reap the benefits of a new life without the crutch of nicotine. It is worth it. No matter what!  NOPE not one puff ever will set you free.  Your life will change dramatically by being true to your commitment so start with a plan for a marathon not a short sprint.   

Tip: Despite the obstacles you must be willing to go over, under and above them by any means necessary to protect your quit.  With determination you can leap over the hurdles to reap the rewards of a beautiful new smoke free life.

It is up to you to decide how important this marathon is to you.  Are you willing to go the distance? It’s your choice.  

My name is Jackie, I am a nonsmoker, 809 days of FREEDOM and I am loving it.  My best birthday present to me ever. Amen. Thank you God.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
elvan

JACKIE1-25-15‌ Beautiful blog, Lady Jackie!  I am in it for the long haul.

Ellen

gardenancy8

I am in it for the long haul!  I have noticed my walk/jogs are soooooooo much easier every day!   Great blog!