cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

floras

Why wait?

Just wondering why we're waiting until June. Do we have cigarettes left? Anticipating upcoming stress?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

I picked June 1 b/c I am using Chantix... since the Chantix can make me very sick on my first few days I needed to begin on a weekend so not to miss work...8 days from the first pill is my quit date! That's why i waited...

Also, I agree with Prissy100... very important to identify habits and triggers before the big change...

Good Luck everyone!
0 Kudos

Today is June 1 and I knew I would quit today about 3 weeks ago. Had to get Commit lozenges. had to do trigger tracking. had to mentally prepare. This is why I waited, and is a common theme I see. So, how ya doin? It's almost 4 pm and I have not smoked all day. woo hoo. FYI-lozenges taste gross.
0 Kudos
maria18

One of the things that made me realise I was on the right track was when I gave away the unopened packs I had "rat-holed" everywhere! It was sorta undermining my longing to give in and smoke! For a while, I carried a pack with two half-burned butts in my pockets around everywhere I went, "just in case". lol Boy, did those clothes smell nasty!
0 Kudos