cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Karen333

Why now?

Today will be my 14th day without a cigarette. Why am I craving them SO MUCH? I woke up and immediately wanted one, then I realized I didn't do that anymore and felt bummed out.I hurried and put a patch on my arm and stuck a mini mint in my mouth. This is the first time of the 14 days that I am really feeling the urge. As I type this I am taking deep slow breaths. I know this virus thing is on my mind. I am thankful I do not smoke anymore. Just want to put this out there for anyone to support me. Thank you, Karen

38 Replies
Karen333

Thank you all! I made it through this day. I really appreciate all of your support and advice

sweetplt

Hoping today is a better one for you Karen333 

Karen333

So far, so good

It's all a head game.

The nicotine holds you while you're using it.

The habit of reaching for it or simply being reminded you would have a cigarette if you had one just takes some unlearning to disconnect.

YoungAtHeart

On to DAY FIFTEEN!  How cool is THAT?

Keep going!

Barbscloud

That's great.  Keep moving forward.

Barb

Karen333

Thank you my friends

indingrl

and GOOD JOB STAYING A NON SMOKERno matter what - WAY TO GO

PRR-ex

14, 15, 16 days is a wonderful start on the rest of your life.

"Why now?" It is complex chemistry. Some things trend down, some up, sometimes they mellow each other, and some days your body/mind SCREAMS. I have a few stray notes on the bad days (too thick to write-up my good days), and it seems to be random.

Tell your body-brain that it is OK. Nope, I don't do that. I never smoke now.

This has been of some help in understanding what is going on and how to handle it. Excellent place to put $3 (half the price of a pack).

The Smoking Cure: How To Quit Smoking Without Feeling Like Sh*t Kindle Edition by Caroline Cranshaw 

SisBB

I’m a day behind you in my quit. We can do this! Plus, if we get through this stressful and uncertain time without smoking, we can get through anything cig free. 

I have a positive outlook today, but it’s ever changing.

Take good care of yourself!