cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sek4110

Why am I afraid to give up two cigarettes?

My quit date is March 23rd.  In the beginning of March my non-smoking sister suggested that I pick a time each day that I would absolutely not smoke for example driving my car.   I chose all day all night that I would not smoke.  Since March 9th I have two cigarettes in the morning and then I don’t smoke all day all night. In the 10 days that I’ve been doing this I had one slip up and smoked a ciggarette in the evening. I am using the patch. I put it on after the two cigarettes in the morning.  I am really freaking out over the thought of giving up those two cigarettes in the morning.  I am more fearful of giving those two cigarettes up then I am not smoking all day all night how crazy is that? Any suggestions?

117 Replies
Sek4110

Yes, I agree Nancy, stop accessing and obsessing!  Wow you did it first time around!!!!!  How awesome and what an inspiration!  I have included some imagery into my quit.  The bible says "As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly".  Now that is a mental image that I can use if I ever decide that I need to smoke a cigarettes.  If you ever had the non-pleasure of watching a dog eat it's own vomit you know how disgusting it is !!!  LOL  YUK!  Cigarettes are disgusting and I will be as a dog returning to it's own vomit should I ever choose to pick up another cigarettes. 

Barb102

Stick to it. Push the any thought about cigarettes or smoking from your mind when they come. You got this you are prepared. You want to quit and you will. So happy for you. I promise you I did t think it would ever get better, even though people who quit, told me it would. But it did. So now I’m telling you and soon you will know it to. We are all here for you

0 Kudos
Sek4110

At the end of the day at work I started taking a sip of water any time that I thought about cigarettes.  I am not thinking about smoking just about cigarettes in general.  I am constantly thinking about how I am feeling throughout the day, accessing whether I am craving a cigarettes.  Maybe this is not a good thing??  I don't know.  LOL  In any event it is almost 6pm and I am still a non-smoker. Not one puff ever!  Yippee! 

Deena-A-Yenni

What's going on today Sek4110‌??  I've just come on myself and had hoped to hear about your day.  I hope it was as wonderful and fulfilling as mine was without any bothersome silly smoking annoyances. (Smile).  I'll look for a note from you tomorrow!!

Sek4110

Yesterday was a bit stressful at work in that I had to deal with multiple issues.  I ended up working 12 hours.  Thank you kindly for checking in on me. You have no idea how much it means to me.  I am still smoke free!!!!   Today I had a bit of craving here and there but nothing overwhelming.  In the past I would use cigarettes as a reward for accomplishing tasks at work.  Now I finish a task and do not know what to do to replace the cigarette.  Maybe 'nothing" is the answer to this question.  Any suggestions????  

Deena-A-Yenni

Water. Drink Water!!!!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Oh, my - I will NEVER be able to unsee that image you just conjured up.................

but if it keeps you from smoking....................

lqsi12

Way to go Sek4110‌ and Karine‌ keep that quit going strong !  We all crawled before we walked ! 

0 Kudos