Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Who knew Dr. Seuss has a day

0 Kudos
6 Replies
elvan

I remember going to the schools to read on National Dr. Seuss Day...(Read Across America).  I did not know there was a National Old Stuff Day or a National Banana Cream Pie Day.  I love banana cream pie and I could probably be considered old stuff!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Then this is YOUR day!  How you gonna' celebrate?!!!!!

I suggest a parade with marching bands in your honor!

and, of course, chocolate cake (for it just isn't a celebration without it!)

Mortalzeus

National Dr. Seuss Day gives me an idea!  For the girls' first Halloween, I can dress them up as Thing 1 and Thing 2

Or maybe I should ask them what they want to be instead!  We'll I could try and sell it  

0 Kudos
elvan

When my kids were little, I dressed my daughter as Santa one year, thinking that would be really original...a teacher at the school was dressed as Santa as well.  The following year, my daughter wanted to be a "box of kleenex".  THAT one was really fun!  Your girls are going to want to go as Daddy's girl one and Daddy's girl two.

Sootie

Today is Dr. Seuss birthday! It is a HUGE day where I work (early childhood centers). Everyone dresses as a Dr.Seuss character---guest readers come and read his books. we had Cat in the Hat treats (marshmellow, banana and strwberries made to look like Cat in the Hat......check it out on PINTEREST for next year! This day is almost as big as Christmas in early childhood world. Our local TV station came and filmed he kids celebrations. Hope every one enjoyed it...........

And using one of my FAVORITE Dr.Seuss stories.........."Oh The Place You'll Go"..........when you finally quit smoking!!!!!!

KMC56

Working in public schools...this is a 'fun' day. Our principal would wear the dr. Seusse hat, the the two adm. assistants would wear thing 1 and thing 2 tops!  The kids would love it!!!

0 Kudos