cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tarrah84

Who has already hit their quit date?

I have hit my quit date today and it has been SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rough!!!! My husband was suppose to quit with me but he already failed first thing this morning. It is now 5:00pm and the urge is getting so intense!!! I think I might go for a walk and see if that helps me calm down.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
flaroyale

I haven't hit my date yet and may have to adjust it since I have not read through all the material yet, and not sure if I will be successful until I am well armed. Are you taking any type of replacement or trying cold turkey.

0 Kudos
tarrah84

I am using an electronic cigarette for when the cravings get really strong. I did however find that when I feel like I'm starting to panic, I go and play with the baby kittens from our rescue cat and I calm down quickly. 

0 Kudos
flaroyale

I have gum and patches. Patches did not work before so I am going to try the gum this time. The e cig may be the way to go, I may have to get one of those. Which did you get. Does it help.

0 Kudos
pixie8

I used the E cig to quit. I actually stumbled on this site after I had quit. I'm new by the way. I used the Century e-cig. The Blue tastes like coffee and I don't drink coffee. I'm on day 8 smoke free, day 3 nicotine free. I still get urges but they pass. I am noticing that I smell everything now and things taste better. Good luck to you both.

0 Kudos
tarrah84

I am using a cheap e-cig. It is called Clean Cig. It's helps to an extent, but I have found today, when I was at work, all I wanted to do was break something and my e-cig just about met the ground. lol. Unfortunately, I did have a slip up. I took 2 drags off of a real cigarette. I felt real crappy about it but I know that I need to fingure out a way to control my stresses at work. I really thought that work would have been easier on the quitting than home would have been but I was wrong and therefore, was not prepared. 😞

0 Kudos
cat39

today's my day.  my husband smokes and our morning routine always included cigarettes and coffee on the back porch.  i watched him smoke and sat there beating at the voice in my head saying "aw, c'mon you can just have one."  so far, i have resisted.  the e-cig just makes me want a real one so that's out the door.  patch on.  time to walk the dog.

0 Kudos
lvs2rock

Quit date was June 8 2PM to be exact. Had just finished Allan Carrs Easyway to Quit Smoking (3rd time read). Cold turkey here as I discovered from recent attempts, the patches, gum and ecigs prolonged getting rid of the drug. I realized for me, it made it harder. I have had a very rough time, but I think it needed to be this way for me to really see what it had been doing to me. Hang in there everyone! Remind yourself it is the nicotine that wants more, not you! Kind of like having that little devil sitting on your shoulder. Shove him off !!!!  : )

0 Kudos