cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

When you see a cig butt on ground...do you stare at it too?

It seems lately ALMOST every time I am walking into my apartment....I noticed the biggest cig butt people have thrown away and I just stare at time...frozen...for a moment...then I blink and MOVE ON...just wondered IF anyone can RELATE.

17 Replies

I probably did in the beginning of my quit and I'm sure the thought to pick it up and smoke it came across my mind a time or two. Ewwwww. Lol. Now I just glance at them and continue on my way.

I stare at it just like I do dog doo-doo that folks don't pick up after their pets. Some people just don't care enough about their neighbors!

MarilynH

I hate seeing them lying around especially if there's a huge butt can right beside where people are just throwing them on the ground! 

sparky26

Oh boy , haha , when my husband and I first quit we would see half smoked cigarettes everywhere! Like ,what the heck ! Even found a half a pack of unsmoked cigs once , that NEVER happened before.

But now like others have said it's gross ,and makes me sad to see it ,it's ugly. 

Never had one jump in my hand even if I called for it.

They just lay there.  🙂

Giulia

I relate!  In the beginning of my quit I would constantly notice cigarette butts.  AND people smoking.  Neither of which I noticed much when I smoked myself.  I still notice them, but I suspect it's because I'm so connected to this site and thus continually made aware of cigarettes.  

I'm with Giulia‌. Early on I would wonder why someone would throw away half a cigarette. But then I could think back to my beginning & remember why.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

YoungAtHeart

I am annoyed that those thoughtless smokers litter (and pollute) my world (as though I never contributed, even a little, to that debris myself. 😞

Opinion: Cigarette butt waste is more than just litter. — Environmental Health News 

Jennifer-Quit

In the beginning of my quit I could spot one from a quarter mile away--it seemed so strange.  Now I look at it with disgust....no temptation at all