cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Scare1971

When will it end???

Hello I am new to EX.... I have been a smoker on and off since I was 13, now 48. I have quit once for 2 years then typical me when stress is overwhelming I picked the habit back up. I have recently found out I have heart disease and just had 4 stents placed almost 3 weeks ago. I was terrified!! That was it I was done!! Yes I quit for 20 days....What happens today...WORK Stress is the devil for me, I let it stress me till all I think I have to help is smoking. So yes I started back up, all I had worked so hard for down the drain. I was on Chantix for a bit, but the craziness of that drug was too much for me. I do hear maybe just taking a half dose is much better, but I dont know. Im thankful to have found this support group and to learn how all you wonderful people have kicked this horrible habit!! 

12 Replies
WhispersQSMB

Scare1971

Oh well said and oh so true Thank you

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome and thank YOU so much for YOUR self honesty and SHARING YOUR experience strength and HOPE -CONGRATS DAY ONE - Yahoooooooooo - BEAUTIFUL YOU choosing NOT to suck on DEATH STICKS NOW  - fyi STRESS will be here each DAY - that's life on life's terms - YOU chose to USE YOUR DRUG NICOTINE to COPE with YOUR INSIDES - YOU sucked on DEATH STICKS - out of ADDICT HABIT  - 3 DAYS NICOTINE is OUT of YOUR BODY PHYSICALLY - YOU need to CHOOSE - TO LEARN YOUR NEW MINDSET - ideas - different ways of thinking as a NON SMOKER - SUGGESTIONS - EDUCATION is the key - reading blogs - TRY - different ideas to see what works for YOU - please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you- 

0 Kudos