cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

linda-brandon

What works???

Hi, I am determined to quit smoking this time. I have tried many times in the past,but this time my incentive is a diagnosis of COPD with chronic broncitus. I am also encouraged by the posts that show how much money you save when you quit smoking!!! I am currently reviewing my options of patches, gums, medications, etc. Any advice out there would be welcome.....Thanks in advance
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
linda-brandon

Yikes, Tomorrow is my quit date and I just bought my first box of patches. They cost as much as a weeks worth if cigs. So much for saving money!!! I again want to thank everyone for their replies. I'll put it all together and wake up tomorrow morning smoke free. Wish me luck
0 Kudos
louise2

Hi Linda, Well, depending on where ever you live....From here, in Hawaii, your message posted 7 hours ago and ifffff,, IF, you were say on the East coast, it would already be Tomorrow!!!! My reason, being that no matter what time it is where you are, when you awake in the morning, you will have alot to celebrate.. May not be easy the first few days or weeks, but, the patches, will help trmendously. Your comment, reminded me so much of myself... The patches cost as much as cigarettes... OR MORE!!! But, trust me the trade off, is soooooo worth it. You will do just great and the help and support from this website, is extremely valuable. Each and every member, has something special to offer. Stay strong in your quit and congratulations.
0 Kudos
linda-brandon

Hey Louise, Thanks for your post and encouragement. I actually am trying it cold turkey so I don't have to spend the money on patches. You can read my reply to Dennis to see how my day one went. It is now day two and I have my son hovering over me to make sure I don't smoke!!! Thanks again for your encouragement Linda
0 Kudos