cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

samillervzw

What to do?

So my doctor decided to put me on Wellbutrin to help me quit. As of yesterday. Today is my quit day. I am just wondering if I should give it a few days and let the med get in my system before quitting or not. Sounds like an excuse to keep smoking but I just want to give myself the best shot I can! 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Bellegirl

It's a process. Even after you quit your going to be faced with these kinds of situations- that require you to make a decision. They're normal parts to everyday living. Only you can turn your choices into excuses, and  time will determine if you do.

So, your thinking of changing your quit date, or maybe you already did.  Make the decision and move on. You already decided to quit and that has not changed. Really it hasn't. So be courageous and be brave. Changing your quit date in an attempt to build up strength is a good thing.  Keep it good, and be true to yourself and the decisions you make. I'm so proud of you. This is my first time on here. I hope I helped you. 

Strudel

Congrats on deciding to quit! That is the important part! I took Wellbutrin to quit. (That was 9 years ago - that, plus this wonderful site and the reading to prepare led to success!) I believe I took it for at least a week before I quit. I think there were specific directions from the doctor or with the prescription. I would recommend checking with the doctor’s office. 

Congrats again!