cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What's your take: Are people aware that vape juice contains nicotine?

More teens are vaping, and many think it's nicotine-free 

Last week while I was visiting our office in Washington DC I took every opportunity to talk to shared-ride drivers about their understanding what vaping/juuling meant?  Frequently on my short trips I heard commercials on the radio suggesting that adults use Juul to quit smoking. Through these discussions I found that commonly many of these adult drivers didn't realize the vaping resulted in the absorption of nicotine.

Do people around you also believe that vaping doesn't contain any nicotine?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
AnnetteMM

That's interesting. I wonder which chemical in the vaping juice made you ill. Not enough studies done yet, that's for sure.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

AnnetteMM There is actually tons of studies that have been done.   Some have not been  done in  U. S. though.

The Juice " as they say, is filled with lots of nasty toxins.  Pick any nasty toxic toxin, it's probably in a vap.

So many different manufacturers, to chose from. Hmm

AnnetteMM

Only one I've heard is formaldehyde, which is horrifying. 

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Yes it is!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

anaussiemom wrote:

My vaps 6 yrs ago, DID NOT have nicotine!   I ordered them that" way online.
That being said 6 months into it.  I got terribly  sick from vaping.  (So did my sis 4 yrs ago)
I ended up on lots of different meds, to get the bronchial spasms, coughs etc to stop......

My sis ended up in hospital for 2 weeks!  (we had totally different brands).

We"  sis and I, only used the vaps to stop smoking there is no safe brand, of vap that is healthy.   They can be very deadly and dangerous to the lungs.  

I don't know why info is taking so long to come into play for these  sick, unhealthy, deadly devices?

* Angry Face*

Thanks for sharing your experience. This is really alarming. Perhaps you'll save someone from having an experience like yours.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barb102

I’m scared for the young people. I really don’t believe that they think it’s as bad as smoking cigarettes. Of course WE know it is. I saw teenagers being asked on a news show why they Vap. OMG they sounded like my generation - well all my friends do.  They also said the ever popular- they can stop whenever they want. Well unfortunately we know that isn’t true. It’s very sad to me. I was so happy that they were against cigarettes. I believe this is the same or worse. I guess since less of us aren’t smoking now they have to hook the younger generation on vaping

I don’t know if people are aware that vape juice contains nicotine or not.  I would assume so just like us who used to smoke cigarettes knew they were harmful and addictive; we just didn’t want to hear it.

Today at school we had Robert Crown do a presentation for our students on drug addiction.  Mark, I’m sure you have heard of Robert Crown but for those who are not familiar, it is a program to teach students about sex and drug education here in Chicago.  Before the students came in, I was talking to the presenter and she said nobody really smokes anymore; it is more vaping.  I found that interesting.

virgomama

Perhaps we created this mess because the focus in advertising and prevention was on the "smoke" not the nicotine addiction.  It's time nicotine was treated as the addictive chemical it is/  Perhaps the focus for prevention should be on nicotine as the addictive drug it is instead of focusing on the delivery method.  Just a thought.  from my own experience.  I didn't embrace quitting for good until I factored in addiction as part of the equation.