cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rachy2283

What's your Motivation?!

What motivates you to 1. Quit and stay quit and 2. To help perfect strangers to quit .

Reason for discussion: it's truly amazing to see so many quitters( smoking if course) with so much time quit and also compassion for others.

My reasons: 1. hubs, health, my children, and FREEDOM!!

2. I'm so thankful for all of the help I have received here!! Even if it is not much now as I grow, I definitely want to pay it forward!! 

Almost 9 days and counting!!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
23 Replies
Rachy2283

I feel the same! Awesome job on your quit and thank you for always chiming in to help.  You are a blessing

I think I was motivated to quit because I wanted to grow old as a healthy person and secondly,  I wanted to be an honest person. That sounds funny but I hid my smoking from a lot of my churchgoing friends. I felt like a “two-face.” And I really felt God convicting me saying “I didn’t create you so you can destroy your body!” This later will definitely make me stay quit. Coming here, I received so much care and encouragement so I will give back to others that come after me. It’s also another great way to remind myself of the terrible addiction that enslaved me. 

Rachy2283

same. Isn't the Lord GOOD!!  Look at us now Hannahkim12345‌. All of us are doing it sis

0 Kudos
Sootie

My original reason for quitting was that I was sick and tired of everything that smoking involved...........the needing to have cigarettes, get cigarettes, always needing to make sure you "had enough", then making sure you had a lighter or matches, had a place where you COULD smoke (smoking becoming the modern leprosy). Tired of worrying about whether it was going to affect my health, tired of dealing with the smell, the cleaning of the house, the growing condemnation of it from my kids as they grew older........THE COST!!!! (Whew! I'm tired just writing all of that!)

Why I stay is that I found this community and they welcomed me, sheltered me, supported me. I made many, many FRIENDS......good, good friends and over the years we've gone through more than quitting smoking together. I want there always to be a community here for others to come to and have that same feeling, that same support. Those of us who benefitted stay to help others experience the same success.

Rachy2283

Same also Sootie. I am starting to see that our stories all  are the same but everyone's is written different with different thingsa. and I think that is what makes it special... We really all have quitting smoking together and we all know the challenges (thank you JACKIE1-25-15‌ I love that perspective and change.  Works in life well) and we know the hard work ahead or behind. I love your reasons Sootie and look what came of it.  A revelation

0 Kudos
Rachy2283

Sootie

0 Kudos
elvan

I quit because l could not breathe, l was terrified that l would not survive & that is NOT the way l want to leave this earth, in a panic, gasping for breath. I stayed because l have had many unsuccessful quits, this site helped me so much that l KNOW this is my forever quit. If l can spare one person the effects of COPD, it will be worth whatever time l spend here.

Ellen

Ralph1955

My motivation was 1. Fulfilling my dads wish 2. Living a better, healthier life.  The key to quitting is to stay Focused on your desire to quit and show the smoke demon YOU are in charge.  Helping others also helps you to remain on track.  It's a great feeling once you've become successful.

Rachy, thanks for this conversation. It makes me commit once again and remember all the reasons why staying quit is important to me. 

anaussiemom

Many motivations.  Love nature, walking dogs grand children and great grand children(extended family) . Breathing is rather a biggie.

They only know me as great Nana.

131535117_10218764402249724_2055214997708711805_n.jpg
131286142_10218764138723136_2505674806424720368_n.jpg
133569366_1084868641979837_6500187614846603485_n.jpeg

And one more granddaughter on the way in Australia!! ❤️
Hubby can also be quite a bit to care for. LOL

More reasons to stay quit then to smoke for sure
qIPD7fy.jpg
Kim