Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sailez

What's Your Motivation to Quit?

What's your motivation to Quit?

My motivation:

I Love traveling and would like to see the maximum world before I die. If I am infirm tomorrow, my family or kids or anyone wouldn't take the trouble to show me around. I thought I have to Keep myself fit till the day I die.

I smoked last 2 cigarette back to back on 26th March 2016 an evening before my birthday, which falls on 27th. Took a selfie of myself smoking & posted it to my mailbox.

I stopped myself from the temptation of smoking hourly at first than daily. Ex community helped me with the day count, so I boasted that I have stay quit for so many days.

Whenever there's a strong urge, I question myself, do I really want to go through the same regime of quitting once again. The first day is the most difficult, I you cross the 1st Day, you can.

What's Your Motivation? Once again.

22 Replies
sailez

Yes over the years we forget to love ourselves. It's one step closer to loving yourself for your loved ones.

c2q

I quit because of the toll smoking was taking on me. Physically and emotionally it was making me dead. And broke. Without cigarettes the bad days are less bad and the good days are amazing. There is more life in my life. That's why I stay quit.

bonniebee

I had many reasons to want to quit but the main motivating factor for me was the condition of my lungs the wheezing had gotten so bad it actually was preventing me from getting to sleep ! That plus all my other reasons got me to Ex and to this wonderful freedom ! 

Bonnie 1,011 days ( or close too !)