cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

deborahk

What is your reason for choosing to quit?

What is your reason for choosing to quit?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
brenda61

LIFE and better quality of life

0 Kudos
flick123

Fear of disease and losing my life before I should

0 Kudos
koniantic2

My biggest reason is that I can't afford cigarettes and put off buying necessary things for my kids or house in order to have money for cigs. I also have asthma and my health is failing fast 😞

0 Kudos
pandadancing

Money, the fact that if anyone around me gets a cold, I get acute bronchitis or pneumonia and can't breathe. My latest bout of acute bronchits, I woke up gasping and realized this really WAS my future. If I didn't quit, I was going to get to the point where every day was like this.

0 Kudos
strawberry5

money and feeling healthier

0 Kudos
brelar

Freedom!!! I was getting SO tired of feeling agititated when I couldn't smoke, so tired of thinking "When can I smoke? when can I smoke? I hope I can smoke soon!" It was getting ridiculous. I quit 9/24. I still think of smoking almost constantly, but I'm happy knowing that someday soon, it'll pass and I'll be free free free!!!!

Plus, extra $$$ isn't a bad thought either 😉

0 Kudos
brenda61

The freedom is absolutely wonderful.  Very good reason.  And the health and the money and there's probably more.  The benefit list is no doubt longer than the false enjoyment

0 Kudos

I remember how healthy I felt when I quit for a few months three years ago. I remember how free I felt, and I want that back. I also do not want to be on oxygen like my Mom is.

0 Kudos
clare3

I originally quit to get surgery done on my foot (bunion), at pre-op they did a chest x-ray, that was questionable and leaded to a CT scan....that was enough for me....I decided never again....and the rewards just keep coming....Freedom from nicotine addiction is wonderful 🙂

0 Kudos