cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jessica5999

What is the longest everyone has gone without smoking?

I have 3 years without it

36 Replies
3413-5590

Well this is my longest.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy, powered by Cricket Wireless

0 Kudos
Barb102

This is my longest and LAST quit. 682 days. Can’t wait for 2 years

0 Kudos

So far...15 years, 2 months, 1 day, 7 hours, 29 minutes and 49 seconds...50...51...52...

Mn@ 001.jpg

0 Kudos
johnwaller456

I quit 8 yrs once 

0 Kudos
Barb102

Once John. That scares me You mean after 8 years you smoked again?

0 Kudos
avian3

I quit 9 years ago. It was my one and only attempt. I never even literally touched a cigarette after that.

Quitting smoking is something I have never taken for granted. I saw a guy waiting outside the store today smoking while his wife was inside shopping. My first thought was that was me at one time. It brought back memories of the fear I had the week prior to quitting and the doubts I had that I would not succeed. How could I carry on life without cigarettes? They were the center of my life, when I was content, stressed, after dinner, watching TV, reading a book, road trips, work breaks, after an enjoyable dinner, drinking, having conversations with friends, having tantrums, "rewarding" myself with a project well done ...........it was endless all the daily activities that a cigarette was a part of.  But GUESS WHAT? I learned not only did I not need them but all those things became even more enjoyable without the horrible smoking. So happy now I quit and after all these years I am still amazed that I accomplished it. It took time to learn how to live life without them but it was time very well spent.

DonnaMarie

I quit for 8 years and then had just one. I know better now.

This quit is the one. 

Donna

Day 353