cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Badmmd

What is the best way to restart after a failed attempt?

How do you overcome the slip? I quit November 9. I allowed myself to start again on Thanksgiving afternoon. I could use some ideas for restarting my quit! 

Tags (1)
16 Replies
sylvieberger

I also quit in November because I needed to be 2 months without nicotine before a surgery, I was almost a month without smoking when the governor put off any elective surgeries due to COVID, so I talked myself into starting to quit again in a couple of weeks.

I wish I didn’t do that- blagh. It’s Day 3 again- taking deep breaths- staying out of the garage- joined here….it’s rough! Good Luck! Just don’t let yourself talk BS- it’s the nicotine. That’s what I tell myself anyway.

One bright spot is I didn’t let myself smoke in the car so that is less of a trigger this round.

maryfreecig

Congratulations for getting back to your quit. Yes you can do this!

Maki

My suggestion , move on. Keep it simple , don't smoke , and instead do something different .Easy to remember this way .

Linn2331

Day 9 for me after a 1,000 failed attempts. This time, i read a lot first (Allen Carr, for one) prayed, yoga, make a very honest decision in me to quit and this time I quit. FOR ME. As I wrote, if I had not found this page yesterday, I would have had that ONE. BUT I did, just in time. I believe the support is essential and everyone nods what the other is going through. For some it is so easy. For me, my mind kept fighting it it. Kudos for trying and doing it! 

maryfreecig

Congratulations Linn2331 on 9!

Linn2331

Thank you so much maryfreecig!