cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jacks1125

What is the best thing to do after relapse , after 6 years of not smoking?

Recently,  was a victim of a crime and going through a mourning after the lost of my husband 3yrs ago. I started back smoking, my children are very unhappy , and beg me to stop, with tears in there eyes, so let the healing began. Just need the support, yrs guys graciously gave me a few yrs ago.

jacque

36 Replies
Tsaddik1

Sending you good vibes and prayers! The grief process is so difficult. And long. It does help when we share with those we trust. Wishing you the best!

lucky4babs

Oh... my heart breaks for you!  I’m sitting here thinking

”you turned to that familiar coping mechanism “

(crutch)

but my beloved... smoking doesn’t fix or change your pain.  It’s a band aid.  And a good one!!  But not real.  Turn to others.  Nature has a profound healing effect... even as you’re walking/hiking in the depths of sadness.  Reach for the dog, feel the softness of their fur.  Reach for the cup of tea, and savor it

stand in the shower an extra 5 min

and feel the warmth and soothing water on your skin

and cry if you feel like it....

im so struggling in my quit of 24 small days

but your post reminded me 

it is

a crutch

a burden

a hassle

stinky

expensive

and it doesn’t add anything truly meaningful,positive, or necessary 

to get me thru my day

Brenda_M

I, too, remember you from before. I am so sorry to hear that you have gone through so much, including giving up your quit. 2020, what a year. 

Stay close by here, and do what you know works. Thinking of you.

elvan

Thinking of you, my friend.  Please know that we are all here to help you in any way that we possibly can.

Hugs,

Ellen

Mandolinrain

Your doing it....your here asking for help to get back on track.

Stick around now and cinch up the saddle and get back on.

RoseH

Lifeguard walks on water.jpg

RoseH

Take it one day at a time and ask for help and be specific!  Miracles and healing happen every day!  I am so sorry for your loss and your awful victim situation!  You will be in my prayers for healing!  Rosemary

0 Kudos