cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jacks1125

What is the best thing to do after relapse , after 6 years of not smoking?

Recently,  was a victim of a crime and going through a mourning after the lost of my husband 3yrs ago. I started back smoking, my children are very unhappy , and beg me to stop, with tears in there eyes, so let the healing began. Just need the support, yrs guys graciously gave me a few yrs ago.

jacque

36 Replies
Strudel

Welcome back....I also remember you. I am so sorry about the things you have been faced with. However, you have done the right thing by returning here. You know about the support - so, please stay close. If you haven’t read Carr’s book - please check it out.....and if you have read it - reread it! You know how to do this....we are here for you! 

WhispersQSMB

My first quit lasted 2 1/2 years and i relapsed. I had gotten terrible news my mother illness was terminal. A drink and a smoke i was back smoking, not a pack a day right away but here and there and in no time i was back to my addiction. Quit right away, i waited a couple years and it made things harder to quit the 2nd time. A lot of blown quits, dont make the mistake i made and wait. I'm sorry about the loss of your husband and being a victim of a crime .. Your children are right as if you continue smoking life's ending is bad..

Quit because you want to, don't wait until you have to

Sootie

I remember you! I am so sorry for all of the pain and sadness you have experienced. but, as I am sure you see now....going back to smoking didn't do anything about the pain and sadness. What should you do? By all means, set a quit date and quit. Don't waste too much time before setting your new quit date. You MUST remember how GREAT freedom felt! I too, relapsed after a long quit.......only one thing to do....pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again.

We are here.

Stay Strong.

indingrl

so sorry lost of husband

nevergiveup

Hugs to you & welcome (back). Sorry for the loss of your husband.

Martha

Jen_819

I am so sorry for your loss. I am new here and have found this site and the people are truly amazing! Stay close and we will support you through it all. Take care!

Say "I'm going to wait a little longer" every time you think of smoking.

No denial, no counting. Just getting you off autopilot and ready to stop.

green1611

So sorry to read this. I do remember you..... I left smoking in Nov 2013. 

I am sure you have great heart, and hence you are back here EX community.

You will get good support here, and huge inducement to stop smoking asap, and surely you will do that.

Stay connected. All the Best !

elvan

I think one of the best things is coming here! Have you set a date? I tracked my cigarettes to identify triggers so l could actually PLAN for them. It really helped me. You know how to do this

Christine13

So sorry for the loss of your husband.  I lost mine about 2 1/2 years ago.  The support here is wonderful.