cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kandy77

What is some new habit ideas?

What are you doing different than when you were smoking?

14 Replies
elvan

We often talk about the roller coaster of emotions that we go through when we quit, up and down, up and down.  I cried at the drop of a hat but things that I found funny were even funnier.  I think it was from the oxygen getting to my brain in spurts for the first time in years.

This WILL get easier if you stick with your quit.

Ellen

Cousin-Itt

I picked up a new hobby I taught my self how to play the harmonica   You'll never see me on stage but it's fun and great for my lungs.

Joyce (my wife)  and I also added a puppy to our home just over 2 years Now includes more walking.

The best thing I can tell you about quitting is just win today and it will all come together

elvan

Cousin-Itt‌ Playing the harmonica was something my pulmonologist suggested for breath control.  I never mastered it and nearly scared my cats out of the house.

Cousin-Itt

GoGo my dog wasn't to thrilled with me when I started playing She would howl a couple time and leave the room.  I must have improved as she stopped the howling

I always have my 2 harmonicas next to me  My pulmonologist thinks it's great.  I haven't mastered it I can play some song a couple Neil Young solos and a few blues rifts   Sometimes I'll grab one and just start making things up as I go.   I enjoy it

RoseH

I get on to Becomeanex.com and “give back” to new quitters who are looking for information and support!  I am now smoke free and feel complete without killing myself slowly with Nicotine!

0 Kudos