cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

What has happened to you in your 40's?

I went through divorce in my forties. It was awful. I made alot of dumb choices during my divorce. It was a very tough decade for me. But then, I quit smoking when I was 49. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Quitting has changed my life in so many ways for the better.
Tags (1)
13 Replies
robin24

I was given the gift of raising 3 of my Grandchildren. They are now 6, 5 and soon to be 4. It will be 4 years that I've had them in Oct. I have gained over 40 pounds. I started smoking again. I was blessed with 3 new Grandchildren( that takes the total to 8). I quit smoking on 8-24-09. I have lost 23 pounds since 7-05-09. I am fighting this "age thing" with a vengence. I'm committed to getting & staying healthy so I can keep up with the kids! My 40's have been a challenge emotionally, physically & financially; I have also been soooo blessed in many ways! I'm looking forward to every day ahead being a healthy, smoke-free day. I need all of the support I can get! I am 45 & a non-smoker!
0 Kudos
dave-c

My forties started off with a motorcycle crash followed by headaches so bad I could not work. It turned out it was nothing a little brain surgery would not fix. I was then medically retired for one year to heal. Went through a divorce and moved to another city. On my forty first birthday I went back to my profession to finish and get that retirement check I had worked towards. At forty three I was injured and workman comp said no more for me. I retired and was on the brink of the best years of my life. I am about to be forty six and am on the third month of quit.
0 Kudos
bike-run-hike

I had two surgeries, mono and pnuemonia, wrecked on my bicycle, lost the love of my life, changed careers and became a grandmother. Too much to tell! I did however make it through it all. I am still kicking.
0 Kudos
icandoit26

I seen my daughter graduate,and marry the man of her dreams, I recieved 3 grand children from my boys and I lost my mother and my sister and my co-pilot in life. 40's have been rough. Lots of ups and downs,but I would like to make it through my 80 just to see if you really can relive your 40S.

0 Kudos