cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

What has happened to you in your 40's?

I went through divorce in my forties. It was awful. I made alot of dumb choices during my divorce. It was a very tough decade for me. But then, I quit smoking when I was 49. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Quitting has changed my life in so many ways for the better.
Tags (1)
13 Replies
terry-morache

I started smoking again in my 40's after a 5 year quit then I quit again last year. I moved to Alaska which is the best thing I ever did. I got into dog mushing and back into camping and hiking, I re-learned how to cross country ski and snowshoe, I am lerning how to skijor. I have done a lot of traveling around the country and Canada. I have to say that my 40's so far have been my best decade, I'll be 45 in Dec
0 Kudos
the_carpenter

edith you know my story but here it is for the newbiews
wife spent alot of money on i dont know what
every bill i had was 3 to 6 months late
when i found out and asked what was going on she ate a bottle of pills and drank like a fish in front of the kids
nut house for months
now single father with two kids and we are far better than if she was here
divorce final and she cant touch us if she wanted to
we are learning as we go TOGETHER
sounds sad but the best thing to ever happen to me and sara and stoane
love and prayers
jim the carpenter
0 Kudos
Tommy2

I am only into week 5 for not smoking and still I don't feel a bit different? I am craving sleep, insomia is a problem, could be related to Chantix, not sure .... would love some advice on that? My biggest problem is I still think about smoking constantly especially if I am not busy at the moment. Other than that, the 40's have been great for me!
I want to kick this habit and enjoy the benefits of my saved money.
0 Kudos
shelly2

Tom Well I am only into day 3 but feeling the pain. I have to commend you on taking great care of your family and quitting for them even though its REALLY tough. Hang in there! Shelly
0 Kudos

Hey Jim,
We all have stories...it's what makes the world go round...but we all know...God only gives us what we can handle. Stay strong and love those kids....Prayers...Charlie
0 Kudos
kellie3

I keep wanting to leave a comment here about my 40's, but quite frankly I can't bear to go into it one more time.

Bottom line is, please don't smoke. It really can cost you everything.
0 Kudos
sunshine61

In just a few words.....I got two daughters through college (University of Nevada, Reno), and my youngest child through High School. I saw my oldest daugher find the love of her life and planned her wedding with her and within the next couple of years I became a grandmother twice to two beautiful healthy boys. I remarried and then after 7 years experienced my second divorce ~ (very sad) though my ex and i are talking about getting back together again after over 3 years from the divorce .I moved from Reno to Las Vegas and back to Reno again. I celebrated with my parents their 50th Wedding Anniversary. those are the monumental things that I remember through my 40's. And last but not least I became smokefree recently on August 18th 2009. Whoo hoo!!!! 🙂 I am 48 years old and am enjoying the progress of my quit!
~Ellen
0 Kudos
sara-lee

Kelly, sounds like you had it rough? i did too, its hard to talk abuot without tears...
i don't know if you believe...but i will take a chance and perhaps, this will help you as it has me.

To get something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never did.
When God takes something from you he isn’t punishing you, but, merely opening your hands to receive something better, Concentrate on this sentence…the will of God will never take me where the grace of God will not protect me.!!
Be Blessed!!
Sara
0 Kudos
Rick_M

Hey Tom, good work getting to week 5, no easy chore. I took Chantix and had no issues with getting sleep. Might want to take your 2 nd pill earlier in the day or throw it by your Doc and see what he thinks.

Week 5 is still early in your quit, the urges do become less and shorter as days go by. I did not like hearing that when I was bouncing off the walls in those first few months but it is true. I remember weeks 5 and 6 for me were rough. No idea why but after that 6 th week things did start to even out. You have paid major dues getting to 5 weeks you do not want to lose them. Hang on........
0 Kudos