cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mamap

What do I do now?

What do I do now?  The 10 yr old is dancing downstairs with her girlfriend, the 2 yr old, is napping and the 10mth old is napping.  So I smoke without anyone bugging me in my freezing garage with my coffee the one out of three cigs I enjoy in a day.  What I am going to do in four days when I have to quit? Help please!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chantilly871

Hi,

What about switching to tea and 10 min. of meditation? Then you still get your break but in a much healthier way!

0 Kudos
pghandlon

I am going to go WAY out on a limb and say that your kids might really benefit from having you around....for a long time.  Look at them when you want to smoke.  That has worked wonders for my first 4 days.  My 5yr old tells me to "stop smoking daddy" and my 1yr old really knows and hates the smell of cigarettes.  Kids make it much easier to commit to quit for me.  Good Luck!!

0 Kudos
lana6

I have a 8 month old, and when he napped they were the best smokes! I am now on day 4, and my house has never been so clean. Everytime im really craving or start to get bored, i find something to do, went through all my cleaning supplies and old bills today. I also drink ALOT of water. Good luck. This site helps alot, i tend to spend my sons naps partially on here as well!!!

0 Kudos
bridget5

O seetie I know the feeling - that is all we asked for in life - a break, a cig, and coffee ! LOL When the girls at work go down for their smoke break I make coffee up here and drink water - it is hard - I am telling you but what if one day you were very sick from smoking and could not get out of bed to take care of your son - those breaks would make you sick to even think about it !

0 Kudos
sweet-p2

I am in the same boat!  I have the same fears going on in my mind.  I think I am going to put pics of my boys at all the spots that I smoke!  This will remind me of why it is so important to do it!  Hope that helps! 

0 Kudos