cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

What are your reasons!?

I want to hear about everyones reasons to quit maybe i'll adapt some and just so you all have to remember why you are quiting again! Mine are for my fitness. I was active in high school and now in college i'm getting really out of shape and out of breath at all physical activity. Also, because i want my skin and hair ro stay healthy, alot of people that i know find it unnattractive and don't like to be around me when i smoke. people that don't smoke can even smell it on me sometimes and i hate that. Last but not least I have smoking related disease in my family and chronic pneumonia already and i know that to stay in good health i have to do this NOW! 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
tarrah84

My #1 reason is for my children. I have 2 beautiful girls, ages 7 and 3. They don't deserve to come second to anything on this planet, and that includes smoking. Second big reason is I want to quit so I can not be attached to anything. I don't like the feeling of feeling confined to how many cigarettes I have and will it be enough to last until the store opens the next day. Finally, I am quitting because the price is getting outragious. I can not honestly justify wasting money on them.

0 Kudos

I am also quitting for my children. I have four wonderful children that deserve every minute of my available time. I would also like to not be tied down to smoking. There are things that I would love to do, but don't ever do them because I smoke. Things like, field trips with my kids and mission trips with my church. Too many things in life being missed because I smoke. Good luck everyone!

0 Kudos
aegaeonamber

I am quitting for myself, and my daughter. I am smoked out after only 4 years. I don't like any cigarettes but the ones I smoked and I am over them. I use smoking as stress relief, however I know that I can find an alternative since I started so late in life. My right hand pointer finger is stained from smoke rising up, I cant run anymore and I used to run 3 miles a day. I don't enjoy my time outside and I hate that the only time I GO outside is to smoke. over it. I am ready for a change and to feel happy and healthy again.. this is also imerative incase the zombie apocalypse does actually happen.. I need to be able to run!

0 Kudos
aries2

I have tried quitting several times before. I find that lonliness and boredom (I live alone) are my key triggers, but I quit this time in order to breathe. I cough all night long with junk coming from the bronchial area. Now at day 45, the coughing has decreased and I have so much more energy. eEven kept up with the 20 year olds in my first Zumba class on Tuesday.

0 Kudos