cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

What YOU thinking about MOST

What are YOU thinking about the MOST? USING YOUR DRUG NICOTINE? Thoughts on YOUR NEW NON SMOKING DAY? I thought.... how can I HELP the next suffering nicotine addict to HOPE and BELIEVE this DAY will be the BEST DAY! To share a NEW THOUGHT.... CHOOSE to get a NEW MIND SET.... NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF OVER YOU! I think of others and pray for them.... NEW MIND SET.... thinking of others instead of playing the OLD STINKING THINKING reminiscing OLD TAPE OF SELFISHNESS THAT THINKS ME AND MY DRUG NICOTINE.... thinkibg about USING NICOTINE.... it was SUGGESTED to play the OLD USING MIND SET MEMORY.....to the END.... for ME... I USED NICOTINE 24/7 and TODAY..... I prayed and ask MY Higher Power who is GOD for ME and I ask for a NEW MIND SET just like MY Lord Jesus ....thinking ACTION LOVE.... sharing HOW I live MY OWN NON SMOKER LIFE by relaxing and enjoying ONE DAY AT A TIME BY KEEPING IT SIMPLE.... NOT ONE PUFF OVER ME! I think of ALL here.... STAYING QUIT BY HELPING OTHERS..... to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF! Please take what HELPS and let go of the rest to be HELPFUL is MY only aim thank you and please keep coming BACK!

7 Replies
anaussiemom

easter-2013-easter-sunday-2013-easter-resurrection-spirit-greeting-card.jpg

This has been on my mind the most.

GyorgyiM

The day I awoke and said " I am done" I knew that I would have to think  completely differently so that my actions would follow accordingly. 

I kept saying to myself   "Gyorgyi, you DONT smoke"......each and every time the thought of a cigarette entered my mind, or if my conditioned physical actions acted up....like reaching for the invisible pack on the coffee table , or in the console of my truck.....(which, by the way doesn't happen anymore, it DOES go away).

I didn't say, Gyorgyi, you quit...

I didn't say "Gyorgyi, for today you wont smoke....

or anything of that nature....

I had to make up my mind and say it with resolve I DON'T SMOKE ! because the brain will eventually BELIEVE YOU!

So this process has worked for me....I know we all have our own individual ways.....More power to you !!

When I see smokers now I don't feel jealous or envious, I feel sad because I know the worst is yet to come to those people.....and I pray they wont wait till then to STOP..

Miles of "smokeless" smiles.....

MarilynH

When I first quit smoking, my thought was I wanted to be around to enjoy my family and friends but especially being around to watch my grandchildren grow up and I wanted the best quality of living that I could have and I didn't want to be a burden on my family by continuing to smoke and end up on oxygen 7/24 or worse have my family, especially the grandchildren watch me die a slow painful death that's my thoughts that I had and now I just enjoy my Freedom while remaining vigilant, life just keeps getting better without the crutch of cigarettes.

Tanuaj

Thank you for your thoughts Marilyn. It helps. Today is my day one again. Again, thank you.

karenjones

well believe it or not, I do my best to try not to think, but just to be, to experience the moment Now. so much of thinking is the past or the future. that little voice that speaks in my mind, that many call thinking is just that, a little voice, I have learned not to believe that little voice that thinks it is always right about what ever it is thinking about. It is a skill to learn, to quiet that voice, to learn how to respond rather than react,and to learn how to be in the moment. After all, it is all we have, the past is gone and the future, when it gets here, will be today.   I am learning how to be in the moment.  And it is the best thing that has ever happened for me. And I am in the moment not smoking a cigarette. may it be so for all of you.  Bless you all.

You are on the right track. Proud of you.

anaussiemom

I try to be in the moment. Not struggle with the process.  I  redirect thoughts, to small free joys in life.
Watching birds my animals, grand babies, sunshine, walking.  I try and focus, on what life is. It is not being an addict, except addicted to joy.