Give and get support around quitting

nan7

What I like about NOT SMOKING....

What I like about NOT SMOKING:
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
nan7

I do not have to give my money to that guy at the gas station anymore. I truely felt like an addict going down there for a fix and he new I was an addict. I guess I showed HIM !!!!

Nancy - Free and Healing for One Month, Twenty Four Days, 4 Hours and 56 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 8 Days and 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 2439 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $660.07.
0 Kudos
reenie

Dear Nancy, thanks for starting us off! AND, you did make me chuckle. I forgot about how buying cigarettes felt. I would go up to the counter and I felt like a criminal taking out my wallet to get my CARTON of fixes for few days, all the while, the people behind me starring me down. (so I thought) The other thing is that everytime I went to the store for cigarettes, I ended up buying other things too. Sometimes, things I didn't even need. So, I now go to the store less because I'm not buying cigarettes so I don't buy all that other stuff either. So the amount of money I'm saving by not smoking is much more than just the cigarettes. I am so glad that those days are over. AND congradulations on your 1 month, 24 days, 5 hours (give or take minutes) of being a NON SMOKER!!! Reenie
0 Kudos
Laura62

I like the way my house smells! I just went into my neighbor's house for a minute and it smelled so bad from the cigarette smoke. I never believed my sister when she told me my house smelled gross but now I believe her.

Nancy I know what you mean. I used to almost apologize when buying cigarettes and always said, I know, I have to quit because I really could read their minds and feel the pity they had for me!
0 Kudos
debbie-bishop

Long bubble baths. Walking on my treadmill. The way it feels to deep breath. The way my kids feel. (none of them smoke and they hated it). The support of my husband. No smoke around my pets. The feeling I get for having accomplished something I wanted to do for years. Finally being free of it.

I know I have a long way to go. I'm doing just on day at a time. I don't want to get to cocky. I really feel good this time.

Moochie
3 weeks
0 Kudos
reenie

OK, so we all hate the smell, that's for sure. I really like the fact that I don't feel like I have arrange my life around smoking as I once did. It was difficult if I had to go to someplace where I could not smoke, I was so uncomfortable until I could get in my car and lite up! Reenie
0 Kudos
nan7

I just received a coupon in the mail for a $49.00 teeth cleaning/xray/exam from a new dentist. SO-o-o-o I made an appt yesterday to go have the brown stains between my teeth cleaned off FOR THE LAST TIME. They will be white and will stay white. Gross, but a reality when you smoke.
0 Kudos
lynn12

Hi, I am over 50 and my quit date is September 1, 2008. Reading all the posts is really encouraging. I quit once before (for 7 years), and can kick myself for starting again 5 years ago. We'll all make it - at 52, I think we know ourselves better and want to live life!
0 Kudos
jeanne2

I can really relate to what you're saying about no more smoke around your pets. I'm a vet tech and have 10 dogs and 5 cats and it has always bothered me to smoke around them, especially when they were puppies and kittens. I never smoked around my kids when they were little but they all 3 smoke as adults and want to quit. I hope my example will encourage them to take the step. I'm only on day 4, so I know I have a long way to go, but I feel a lot more confidence this time for some reason. I really think I can do this and it feels great!
0 Kudos
kathy58

Yeah, Linda. I was at McDonald's the other day, and a "little old lady" (probably in her late 60's) was standing in the grass with her little dog on a leash, trying to get the dog to go potty. She had a cigarette between her lips (just hanging there - no hands), and I just thought of her as pitiful. I watched her when she took a puff of the cigarette, and it was sad. You could see that she really needed to suck down that smoke.

I'm glad I don't look like that anymore.

Kathy
Day 6
0 Kudos