cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mr1957

Went fishing..........

I love to fish!!! The thing about it is, smoking and fishing go together like peanut butter and jam. I knew I was going to have to cross this bridge as fishing season just started in my part of the state, so I load up my boat and off I go. I fished all day and didnt smoke. To me, the problem is mental. I have stopped for different lengths of time, but have let my gaurd down. One is too many and a thousand is never enough. The one thing I know about me is I cant let the fear of something control me. It does me no good to sit around replaying one fear after another. I dont smoke today, because I dont want to smoke today! PERIOD!! This attitude has served me well in the past, I wish you all the best and pray for me as I will for you!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cindy25

Good for you Mr1957!!! Hobby's where we have brought smoking into it are really difficult. I have been avoiding mine for right now until I have dealt with a few more triggers and feel more confident. Good job! Just remember, fish don't smoke for a reason : )
0 Kudos
mr1957

Yea. I caught 6 trout. I kept 3 as I only keep what I can use. It is grace that I am most grateful for!
0 Kudos
scottie

Congratulations on not smoking while you went fishing. Sometimes we experience a crave when we try something that we haven't yet done smokefree. If we plunge ahead and accomplish the activity, the next time it is much easier. Keep up the good work. Sounds like you are very determined so you will succeed. We do need to want this very much.
0 Kudos