cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Skippy2117

Well I slipped

I made it 53 hours but the idle time got to me. When I have free time it seems so hard not to smoke! Anyone have tips? Thanks!

Tags (2)
18 Replies
Skippy2117

Feeling great!! And also a bit terrible but I'm still going! Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome and thanks for your -  self honesty and courage and sharing. - so wonderful you asked for the experience of YOUR New recovery from nicotine family- WAY TO GO! CONGRATS ON YOUR DAY ONE!  - it was suggested to ME - to watch the early death videos at whyquit.com - the families of those who died wanted to HELP the next suffering NICOTINE addicts-  to NOT use drug NICOTINE and the addict who died wanted to HELP too - Bryon saved ME and brought ME out of MY denial - I thought other people died from sucking on death sticks NOT ME - That was 8 years ago and I still go there and HELP ME to remember - but for the grace of God go I. - ❤just sharing MY experience - thank you - gentle hug. 

0 Kudos
sweetplt

HELLO and Welcome to Ex’s ... YOU have gotten some great advice above me...I will add, knowledge, preparation, commitment and hard work are the keys to quitting. All those keys open the door to a successful quit...I know because I was you 185 days ago... ~ Colleen

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

So glad your back and going strong.

0 Kudos
Skippy2117

Closing in on 8 days!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

YoungAtHeart

Congratulations!  You made it through H#ll Week!

On to Heck Week, then a month, then 6, then a YEAR.

Just keep going, a day at a time.  That's how all of us with years under our belts did it.  It CAN be done, one day at a time.

Hang in there!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Skippy2117

3.5 hours short of 8 days I'm so excited!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Good job on 8 days quit Skippy2117 ...hang in there and do some of the recommended suggestions...Happy Friday ~ Colleen 193 DOF 

0 Kudos
Giulia

8 days.  Mmmmm hmmmmm.  GOOD!