cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

schoney50

Welcome new members!!!!

I am so happy to welcome our newest members...find them in" members search" and add them to your friends...they are so nice and so ready to be non smokers..let's help them out!!  

Thanks for joining us : jlynn...msgardengirl320...Julie....legend( a senior member who has great advice)....pepere...mmo050611...drama90212....Janet Bivens.....jae31670.....24alexis.....nicool.......MotivatedMomma.....Barbgirl....Petlover98.....erixtonka......

.BShreeves........StephStyles30......sammie.......just send them a message to say Hi and let them know you too are quitting...celebrate each day and each week...we are stronger as a group!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Barbara in SC  (Schoney50)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
Stanislav

I quit 23 days ago. I feel great and confirmed to proceed. I am member since 2009 but finally with the help of this great site I quit. I feel prepared for slippery situation and hope will manage them positively 😉

0 Kudos
wtyree88

Hi everyone. I am very excited to be a part of this site. As of right now, I have been smoke free for approximately 27 hours. Im so glad that I came across this site.....Wishing the best of luck to everyone!

0 Kudos
wishingstar

I have quit two times in 27 years  of smoking.  the longest is 30 days. what I learned is any form of tabacco, can toss it out the window. I smoke cigs. quit for 30 days, did not even want one. But i liked the taste of a flavored cigar and figured its diffrent, boy I was wrong. I even starting feeling better in that 30 day span. went back to smoking full time.

Now on this 3rd quit time. I picked Mothers day, becasue I have 3 girls and stepson, they are gift from God. One of them is special needs, she will need me for  the rest of her life. I want give my kids a gift on mothers day, A smoke free mom, because thats what they ask for and deserve. But mainly for me, I know it sounds selfish. but got want do for self first.

Good luck to all of us.

0 Kudos
Nyima_1.6.13

NEW TO THE SITE: please go to the blue 'blogs' tab above! It will take you to blogs which is where a majority of active members hang out! Once at blogs, feel free to comment on other's posts but also 'write a blog' to introduce yourself to the larger community! We are here and interested in offering encouragement, knowledge and support!

GROUPS HELP YOU FIND AN IDENTITY, BLOGS WILL HELP YOU QUIT!

0 Kudos
evyk

Hi everyone. I've been a smoker for over 30 years. I tried to quit a couple of times, but it never lasted more than six months or so.  I'm really serious this time.  I can't afford the price of cigarettes and I'm tired of being worried about smelling bad.  It's nice to know, and really helpful to find others who are feeling and going through the same thing I am.

0 Kudos
anniexhx

hi im annie and from the U.K, im on day 7 of my quit after the 3rd or 4th try but really hoping i can stay off them for good this time. my best acheivement was when i quit for 2 years just using will power and i got in contact with one of my long lost friends and coz we were drinking and stuff i ended up back on them this time i used lozengers for the first 3 or 4 days now im just using will power and also the support from friends and family and this website http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Smoking-Addiction/support-group i find it is quite helpful. anyway if anyone here is from the U.K  also and looking for a quit buddy then drop me a line.  and i wish everyone sucess in their quit. heres to a smoke free life 🙂

0 Kudos
susan92656

I want to run.  I want to play tennis again.  I want to spend my weekends hiking with my dogs.  But I smoke.  It makes me lazy, out of shape and I stink.

I need your help.

-Susan

0 Kudos
imdone6

I am new to this page also.  I smoked for over 30+ years & finally decided to quit. I have been smoke free for 5 days.  This is quite an accomplishment for me, although I know I still have a very long road ahead. I'm done!

0 Kudos
gloriac

Hello everyone! I, too, am new to this site and am looking forward to a healthier and happier future. I know how difficult this is and I do have some anxiety. My quit date is June 10th, but I am ready to get in the habit of keeping up with this post and all the positive comments. It's nice to have the support....on to being a "quitter'!!!!

0 Kudos
mr-rob

My name is rob and i am 53 years old and just had femeral artery by pass surgery in my left leg, a disease caused largly from smoking. This was a huge wake up call for me and also scared my children seeing thier dad lying on the couch with a incision from ankle to high up my thigh. I need to stop smoking and feel this is the best place to start. I would welcome and appreciate any and all suggestions.
0 Kudos