cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

schoney50

Welcome new members!!!!

I am so happy to welcome our newest members...find them in" members search" and add them to your friends...they are so nice and so ready to be non smokers..let's help them out!!  

Thanks for joining us : jlynn...msgardengirl320...Julie....legend( a senior member who has great advice)....pepere...mmo050611...drama90212....Janet Bivens.....jae31670.....24alexis.....nicool.......MotivatedMomma.....Barbgirl....Petlover98.....erixtonka......

.BShreeves........StephStyles30......sammie.......just send them a message to say Hi and let them know you too are quitting...celebrate each day and each week...we are stronger as a group!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Barbara in SC  (Schoney50)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
marg-cavill

humm so wantHummm so want to send each one a personal msg. But don’t know how to do that. To all of you that are on a wonderful new journey of your life, if I can help at all please just give a shout out. If you are in the USA, I can call you. I have quit many, many, many times. I am still seeking help from this site.The people here are wonderful and don’t judge. For the first time in my many attempts to quit I think I can do it this time because of the support on this site. Yes I have gotten a hard crave and had to force my mind to get to the site instead of going and buying a pack. Wish you all the very best and praying for you. If I can help, please send me a msg. Good luck, prayers and stay on this site, NO MATTER WHAT.

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

You are so awesome for posting this information! THANK YOU!!!

I am joyeuxencore which means JOY AGAIN in French...I picked that name as I sat at my desk at work disgusted by my stinky hands, breath and clothes after a cigarette break because I was anything but joyful and so wanted to be!!!...I had quit the last time for 10 years and after having "one cigarette" smoked for another 8 years...I had tried to quit so many times to no avail...I googled "how to quit smoking" and found the EX site...I did the prep exercises on the homepage, set a quit date, made a 'my page' and blogged to introduce myself to the community….I was amazed at the level of support that came flooding in!!!! They helped me through the first days with such helpful suggestions…177 days later I have completely turned my health and wellbeing around. I have made friends and am even flying tp Las Vegas to meet fellow Exers to celebrate our freedom together.

YOU CAN do this and we can help! Xo

0 Kudos
kuntz

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member of ex. I really want to try and quit smoking. 

0 Kudos
raeb22

Hello. I'm a new member...I realize this won't be easy but will try to quit..

0 Kudos
awilliams62

I quit smoking 2 1/2 weeks ago. I actually quit like a week before my quit date.

0 Kudos
countrybugs

Hi, I'm new to the site & ready to quit have my date set & want the support to quit

0 Kudos
valerie31

I am new to this site also.  Today is my quit day, after reading this site over and over, with a few ah moments, I'm afraid to leave my chair, but will keep myself busy and check in here all day long.  42 years of smoking and I desire a new spring, a new start at life.  Please bear with me!!  Thanx Valerie

0 Kudos
wonder1952

I'm just joining the group.I want to quit smoking so I can see my grandkids graduate and get married.I've been a smoker for 42 years.I have health problems and hope i can quit this nasty habit once and for all.I've quit twice in the past but go back to ols routines.So I'm listening to any advice anyone can give me.Thank You

0 Kudos
srizzotto

Thank you for the welcome. I have smoked for many years and am beyond ready to quit. I found this site to be most interesting and helpful thus far. I never really realized my triggers for my habit until I had to list them. It would seem I have a lot of things to try differently in the next couple of weeks. My quit date it May 24th....

0 Kudos