Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
paul31709

Day 3 of not smoking it was a struggle today felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin doing the best not to give in it maybe a long first week I am trying to win this fight 

Barbscloud

@paul31709 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 3 days of success.   Don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance.

Keep up the good work one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos
fteuph

Hello EX.  Was just looking into what happened to the old "Q" and found this site.  I was a member of the "Q" from 2000 until around 2012 or so - it helped my quit a lot.  I also helped many others to quit.  Still have a few friends from those days.  My quit date was December 29, 1999,  If there is anyone here from those "good old days" send me a note!!

Keep the quit!!!!!!!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fteuph You can find some of them by going to  QuitNet Friends - EX Community   then look for Members on the right side. 

QuitNet-ers: Introduce Yourself! - EX Community  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
RainbowHeart

Hi @fteuph , I was on the Q from about 2010- but in the beginning didn't really interact much. Welcome to ex, lots of support here ❤️

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@fteuph Welcome to the Ex.  If you go to banner at the top of the home page select Groups.

Select QuitNet Friends from the drop down menu.

Barb

0 Kudos
MrsPritchett

Hi, all...

I joined back in March of 2022 when my husband and I contracted pneumonia. I did not follow through with quitting for long, at that time; as soon as my lungs were cleared enough to not immediately hack to the point of nearly passing out after a puff, I started right back up. 

I quit for the last time on 10/31/2022.  Today is day 12 for me, cold turkey. This is the first time I've quit without medication or NRT, and I've never felt better about quitting before.

I'm happy to be here to learn from you all, and hopefully to provide support, an ear to bend, and a shoulder to cry on.. ☺️

Tags (1)
Barbscloud

@MrsPritchett Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 12 day of success.  That's fabulous.   

Consider taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time and to support your fellow quitters.

We're here for you, so reach out anytime you want to share your journey or need some support.

Barb

indingrl

Congratulations I am so glad for you @MrsPritchett 

Mybabygirl04

Hi all, my name is Melanie.  I am am here to get resources, advice, share stories about how to help your teen to stop vaping.  My 15 year old came clean that she has been using regularly and wants to quit. I am here for the long haul. I am so overwhelmed by all of this it’s hard to know where to start and how to make a good plan for her.  

Melanie workman
0 Kudos