Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Giulia

About Mark2RN86 - EX Community @Mark2RN86 Hello Mark!  Welcome to EX and the next stage of your life.  The quitting journey is amazing.  In great ways and awful ways.  If you've made it through your first day, (and it looks like you're just about ready to sleep the rest of it away!)  you gotten though part of the awful part!  lol.  It's an up and down journey and no two days are alike.  We've all been there and know how you feel!  Welcome to the club.  Just getting through ONE day, can be an amazing experience.  Hug yourself for it.  We do.  Because we know what that first day is like.  This journey takes stamina and commitment.  You willing?  If so, you'll be our next champ.  Stick around.  And stay tough.  Glad you've joined our quit family.  Here's a little playlet I wrote on the back-and-forth kind of dialogue I went through in my head during the process.  Some of it may speak to you. If not now, then maybe in the future.  My brain just never shut up.  I can promise you  it WILL (shut up).  You just have to hang on through it all 'til it does.  A Quit Dialogue in IV Acts   

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex @Mark2RN86  and congrats on your first day smoke free.   I'm glad you found us.  The support from other quitters has made the difference for many.

We're here to support you, so reach out anytime.  

Barb

0 Kudos
Charles4511

Hi no juul since 6 pm yesterday. works almost over and all I want is to hit my juul after ...ugh 

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex @Charles4511    You can do  this.  it's the addiction talking.   

Stay close and reach out if you need us

Barb

0 Kudos
Mynewlife21

Hi

I am Chris, my quit day is today, I have prepared as well as I could.  I have quit before for 10 years and now I need to quit forever. I’m happy to have found this community, I look forward to all of our success here, and hope I can support others as much as I need support myself right now.  

Christine
Giulia

Well welcome to our quit family, Christine.  You had a ten year quit.  Wow!  That's something so many here wish they had.  Heck, they wish they had even a 10 day quit.  You can definitely support others here by teaching the lessons you've learned.  Why you lost your quit after 10 years and how you're going to get it back.  And how you feel about this new Day One.  I would encourage you to put up a blog or a conversation, or sorry - don't know what they're called on this new site we just were moved to.  Anyway, please do keep us posted as to your progress.  Support is definitely a two-way street, I've found.  By supporting others, our words echo back to our own heads and help spur us on.  If that makes any sense.  Anyway - glad you've joined us.  Welcome to what I hope is the last of Day Ones for you.

0 Kudos
KtCuz

Hi Chris,

sending you warm thoughts and prayers for strength. I’m in your corner. 

Katie

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome @Mynewlife21 and congrats on your decision to quit.  I saw you posted on the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to start each day to keep us on track one day at a time.

I'm glad you found us.  If you need support just reach out anytime.  We're here for you.

Barb

0 Kudos
Murtine46

Hello. My name is Kayona but most call me Kay. I am excited to be part of the EX community and I look forward to all the support and suggestions once my quit date arrives. I quit smoking in the past but had some issues that came in my life that started me back smoking....any who I want to quit for good this time and I have many great reasons why. 

Barbscloud

@Murtine46   Welcome to the Ex Kay.  Glad you found us.  There is great support here from the quitting community.   Hopefully you've been reading material on the site.  There is great information about quitting and keeping your quit, as well as great advice.

Educating yourself about nicotine addiction and having a quit plan, is a great way to begin your journey.  Having the tools in place and creating new associations instead of smoking, is a great way to be prepared as you encounter life events.

We're here to support you, so just reach out anytime you need encouragement.

Barb

0 Kudos