Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
daniv

Hi! My name is Daniela, I am starting my journey, tomorrow will be my starting day. I thought I could this by myself and realized I was wrong, I need some help and support. I am glad I am here sharing this journey!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to Ex Daniela.daniv     Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  It's not to late.   These two steps can put you on the path to success.   Many people need support to quit--I was one of them.  I was fortunate to find this site a the week before my quit date.  We're here to support you.  Just reach out anytime you need us.

Barb

0 Kudos
rhope1979

Hi, My name is Rachel and I decided to quit smoking. I have tried in the past but I have failed. I'm not giving up! Maybe a little support from community of us will help me with the process. I've never tried this route before so here I go.  

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad you're here! rhope1979‌ The community offers so much.  Read and come here often. There is a lot to soak in.  Bookmark the community and come here every time you have a crave.  There is even a one-click button on Newbie Quitters‌ and Emergency Help (The Panic Button)‌ to start a post when you need help.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

Hi there, Rachel!  Glad you've jumped in here.  I tried to quit several times, myself, over many years and managed to get through three months here and there, but always went back.  It was only when I discovered a support group that I was finally able to overcome this addiction.  A lot of us have found that support makes all the difference in a successful quit.  I heartily recommend putting up a blog so that the community can get to know you and your quit history.  We're all on the same team, just in different stages of the journey.  There's a lot of valuable information on this site.  The more you read, the more you'll understand about the journey ahead.  Yell if you need help.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Rachel.   We're here to support you on your journey.  Read everything you can on this site and reach out if you need support.

Barb

0 Kudos
Marigene6266

Hello, This is My first postMy name is Marilyn and I am currently preparing to start my quit journey for what seems like the millionth time. In actuality, I have quit/slacked off about 4 times over the last 38 years. I've done the quit plan with the realization it is never complete, it constantly needs modifying. I'm still searching for methods to handle the cravings as well as what to do with My hands to combat the urge to reach...My quit date is August 10, just 5 short days away. I've shared the news with family and friends. I visited my doctor yesterday to discuss my plan. She gave me a prescription for wellbutrin and NRT's in the form of patches. My insurance will not cover the cost of the patches but I discovered that GoodRX will cover nearly 50 percent of the cost. Any advice or suggestions from others in the community would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good to know about GoodRX. Welcome Marigene6266‌ Way to work to prepare yourself about your upcoming quit date.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Marilyn.  Many of us have attempted to quit multiple times.  Having a quit plan and understanding this addiction, made the difference for me.  I also used Welbutrin along with nicotrol inhalers.  I was fortunate to find this site a week before my quit and

having the support from other quitters contributed to my success. There are many techniques used by quitters here to handle cravings and to keep themselves busy.  Read posts and search the site for more ideas.   I had to keep busy, walked a lot and played video games.  Sour Patch Kids and chewing on straws were my crave busters.   And coming to this site many times early on, saved my quit.

It's important to learn new behaviors that you had previously associated with smoking so that you're prepared in advance. 

We're here to support you.  Just reach out if you need encouragement or want to share your journey. 

You got this one day at a time.

Looking forward to celebrating with you on the 10th.

Barb

Barbscloud

Today is the day!   How is going Marilyn?

Barb

0 Kudos