Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Giulia

Well you look 23 in that avatar!  If that's you.  And yes, I'd say if you can overcome drugs, you can definitely overcome this addiction.  As long as you know up front that the two smokers you live with won't be supportive, you won't be disappointed when they don't encourage you.  Besides, for those who smoke, those who quit are threatening.... just by the fact that they're quitting.  I think because in one way it makes them feel pressured to do the same.  But actually that's just pressure they put on themselves.  We'll give you all the support need, right here!

You are so right. It was the same way with the drug. Nobody believed in me, I'm 3 years in on that quit. Found out that the same people that were the most vocal about me not being able to quit or stay quit are also users of the same drug.  So it really just says more to me about their character. 

Lol yes that's me and the power of filters Haha!!

Jamie☆
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  That's the way to do it?  Educating yourself about nicotine addiction and have a quit plan worked for me.  I neglected these two steps in the past and was unsuccessful.  We're here to support you.  If you need encouragement or want to share your journey, just reach out.

Barb

Thank you! I am so grateful I found this site. I have only my health professionals as support.  Not even comfortable telling me family as they are very negative about anything  I do to better myself. 

Jamie☆
Barbscloud

There are many quitters on this site didn't have support.   That's what we're here for.  Just reach out anytime you need encouragement. 

And remember it's your quit, no one else's.

Barb

0 Kudos
Terry75

Greetings from Yuma, AZ. I’m Terry Stewart, and I’m ready to start this journey and release myself and help others release themselves from these nicotine shackles. I’ve smoked for 24 years, a habit I picked up in the Corps and I never attempted to quit until now. My life depends on my success here. I’ve already made the acronym  “NOPE” a part of my programming. Not One Puff Ever...again. Got to admit, I’m on day two and it’s got me up against the wall. The craving is crazy!!! I’m depending on y’all. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Terry75  and congrats on day two of your journey.   If you haven't do so already educate yourself about nicotine addiction by reading posts on this site and creating a quit plan.  It's not too late!   It takes work, but knowledge and preparation make it doable.  Another great positive message to yourself is "I don't do that anymore".  I used this one many times when I had a craving.

I'm glad you found us.  We're here to support you, so just reach out anytime you need encouragement.

I would recommend taking the Daily Pledge.  I helps keep me on track for the day.

If you Post To My Blog, more of the community will see your post and be there to support you.

Stay close!

Barb

0 Kudos
janko72

Hi, i am  Yan. Quit smoking two  months ago after 26 years smoking. Every day a pack. 

Terry75

Welcome, janko72‌. Way to go on stepping up and getting control back over this addiction. Lots of great people on here fighting the same cause as us. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

janko72 wrote:

Hi, i am  Yan. Quit smoking two  months ago after 26 years smoking. Every day a pack. 

Hi Yan! Welcome! What is your quit date? It doesn't seem that you have indicated one.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos