Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex LeslieColleen Glad you found us.  I hope you've been reading posts on the site--there's lot of helpful information to  aid in your quit.  If you haven't do so already educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan. My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  These two steps will help to build your confidence for a successful quit.  Can I suggest you "Post to My Blog" to introduce yourself to the Ex community--you'll receive lots of support from other quitters.  And "Taking the Daily Pledge" is a useful tool to keep you on track each day.

We're here to support you.  So just reach out anytime you need support or want to share your journey to freedom.

Looking forward to celebrating with you on the 26th.

Stay close.

Barb 

Brandishae

You came to the right place!! I am only 7 days into my quit but I have found this community to be so helpful!!! I was a smoker for 25 years and honestly never thought I would quit, with no confidence that I could or even wanted to quit!! Only 1 week into it, it hasn’t been as hard as my imagination made it out to be and I am so happy with my decision to quit. 

dudley87

The gum is very helpful!!! I’m 5 weeks smoke free and noticing without even thinking about it... I’m not using my gum. I have chewed one in the last 3 days without even realizing it so yes! You got this! Reach out if you need to chat anymore! Take it a day at a time and you for this. I will admit tonight a cig sounds damn good though so that shows my progression on how less they cravings are! 

0 Kudos
Crystalbrooke

I feel like I cannot live without my juul. How do I stop?

0 Kudos

We all felt like that when we first quit. You won’t die. It’s the addiction scaring you. Don’t listen. In the beginning I replaced smoking with popping hard candy in my mouth. I had to actually switch candy because Jolly Ranchers were giving me sores in my mouth from eating too many of them, lol. Every time a crave hit pup something in my mouth, candy, fruit, chips, teas, etc. There are people here who quit after 50 years and me, personally, after 20 and we all survived. You can do it. If you really want it, you have the power to beat this thing. Just read the stories and help tips and whatever else you can find on here. It’s really helped me. And definitely come here and type when craving hits and read a few stories. I’m on my third month of not smoking because I DON’T DO THAT ANYMORE!!

dudley87

You got this! Find other things to distract your hands with! I’m currently working on trying not to eat so much with this just giving up smoking business! Haha I’m trying to work on healthier munchies 

0 Kudos
2016state

I quit last night

tyndallgw

Good decision....welcome.

0 Kudos
jessarraut1

Hi I’m Jess! 
starting my journey as well..

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex jessarraut1   Have you quit yet?   I see that you took the Daily Pledge today.  It's a great way to start the day to keep you on track.  We're here to support you on your journey--just reach out!

Can I suggest you "Post to My Blog" to introduce yourself to the community.  It's a great way to get support from the quitters on this site.

Barb.

0 Kudos