Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Brandishae

Thank you  

0 Kudos
mebarbydollh

Hello my name is Barbara. I am just starting my journey. 

tyndallgw

Welcome Barbara, glad you're here.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome mebarbydollh .   If you haven't done so already, educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  These two steps help to achieve a successful quit.  We're here for you, so just reach out anytime you need encouragement or want to share your journey.   Can I suggest you "Post to My Blog'  to introduce yourself to the community so that you'll receive unbelievable support from fellow quitters.

And "Taking the Daily Pledge"  is a great way to stay on track each day.

Barb

0 Kudos
dudley87

welcome newcomers We got this! 

0 Kudos
theAclub2308

Hello.   Newbie.  Parent of teens vaping.  I did already get text support.   And have shared those with my boys. TY.  See how it goes.....????

0 Kudos
LeslieColleen

Hello!  My name is Leslie.  I am not very confident, however I have set a quit date of 2/26/21.  I am going to keep trying to quit until I succeed.  I do have some NRT gum, which I am hoping will hope.

Giulia

Welcome to the family!  Confidence is built with every blog we read, with every piece of information we soak in.  With every thought that is uncomfortable that we open our minds to.  

I am going to keep trying to quit until I succeed.  THAT, in case you don't recognize it, is a statement that is FULL of confidence.  That is the attitude necessary for success.  "I AM GOING TO"  are the words to pay the most attention to.  Not the ones that say "I can't."  Glad you're here, Leslie.  Stick around.

LeslieColleen

Thank you, Giulia!  I really appreciate that you pointed out that I am already speaking from a place of confidence and I would add, determination.  

Giulia

Oh YES, I would add that too.  DETERMINATION for sure! Both go a huge way in the forging of the success of our quits.  But, if I may, I'd add "acceptance" into that mix and definitely perseverance.  But then, determination  is just another word for persistence isn't it?!