Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Ariari    You've come to the right place for support in your quit.  Use this time to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create your quit plan.  These two steps made all the difference for me in attaining a successful quit.  Reach out anytime you need encouragement or want to share your journey.  If you "Post to My Blog"  you can introduce yourself to the community and receive the support you want.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 31st.

Barb

Ariari

Thank you! It’s wonderful to see how supportive people are here and how non judgemental this platform is! I am doing my research and educating myself on what this addiction really is and what it means in my life. 

Gdgodowns

I tried to upload my picture but can’t do it. I also want to be able to go to this site without going through my email!

I quit tomorrow and I’m stressed! I quit over a year ago with Allen Carr, “The Easy Way To Quit Smoking”. I started back about 2 months ago. I want to get back into running again. I use to smoke, stay up all night,then run a 10k in 45 minutes. I’m 61 now and can’t run but a minute at a time. I then do fast walking. I alternate between walking and running for three miles.

I have lost the only friend I have. I live in the country with my husband and no one is around. All I have is my dogs and cats. My husband does landscaping and he is gone all the time. I am bored to death! I hope to go back to nursing school next fall if I can get the money. I have a Med and a MAT in Education but could not find a job! Worked for the state for 15 years. Got bored with that then started nursing school. Had to quit because my parents got sick and I had to take care of them and my dad’s business. I have two children both live an hour away. They are busy with there on life.

I’m lonely and depressed. No one to really talk to.

Thank you for your time, 

Georgette

0 Kudos
ZerahYAH

Hi I'm Kisha. I am also known as ZerahYAH. My quit day was 10/22/2020. I am now on DAY# 5 of my quit smoking journey. I am divorced with 4 children(2 adults now & 2 still in high school). I have tried so many times before to quit and it was difficult so I always gave in. But I am determined not to give in this time. I want to be healthier. I want to be able to play with my grandchildren without almost having an asthma attack or being severely short of breath. I also recently became engaged and my fiancee' does not like smoking at all. But I need to quit for myself. I don't even remember how I came across this community but I am forever grateful for all of you because I'm sure I probably would have given up by now and just bought a pack of smokes. And although it can be difficult at times, I have an advantage this time that I didn't have before, and that's YOU GUYS! I never had a support system before and I also learned that it is ok to choose to use medications to assist with cravings which I also decided to do this time. They say you want different results, you have to do something different. SO I'm doing a lot different this time because I really, really want them cigarettes to STAY GONE!!!

Giulia

Day FIVE, all RIGHT, ZerahYAH‌!  Glad you've joined us.  And congrats on your engagement.  You sound positive and ready for a change.  Goody!  We're here to walk the journey with you.  Chin up!  The first week is always the hardest.  Yah Yah Yah,YOU!

redpepper

HEY! Welcome to EX. How goes it? Are your around? You have great stuff to celebrate, it sounds like. A life without cigarettes. Yahoo! 

Hope to see you soon. 

redpepper

artwork36

Hello my name is Brigitte. I'm going to try to quit smoking for the umpteenth time again. I have quit in the past off and on. 

ZerahYAH

Hey Brigitte,

You GO GIRL!! You can do it!! I’m going into day 8 and I FEEL GREAT!! When you make it up in your mind that you’re DONE, it will happen!! I had tried so many times before without success. But the hardest part of the journey is over for me now. Hell week is over & I made it through! I’m so very grateful!! We’re here for ya luv!!

ConnieX

Hi, I'm Connie.  51 years old.  Currently not a huge smoker but still a smoker none the less. I don't want to be a smoker at all, and I am ready to live a totally smoke free life. Really looking forward to some help and support!

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex ConnieX  You've come to the right place for support.  There are lots of successful quitter here that are proof you can do to too.  Educate yourself about nicotine addiction by reading material on this site and create a quit plan.  My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX Those two steps make it possible for me.   We're here to support you--just reach out anytime you need encouragement or to share your journey.

I suggest you "Post to My Blog" to introduce yourself and receive lots of support from the community.

Barb