Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
bussp3

My name is Jeannie. I live in Millington Tennessee. I am 61 a widow, we were only married for 13 months that was really hard for me.. I am raising twin granddaughters and we are doing this veritual schooling.  And I want to quite smoking   

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

bussp3 wrote:

My name is Jeannie. I live in Millington Tennessee. I am 61 a widow, we were only married for 13 months that was really hard for me.. I am raising twin granddaughters and we are doing this veritual schooling.  And I want to quite smoking   

Welcome Jeannie! So sorry for your loss.  But very glad you're here for those granddaughters of yours and for your own health as well.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

bussp3 Welcome to the Ex Jeannie.  Sorry to hear about your husband--I know how hard that is.

You've come to the right place for support to quit smoking. Read everything you can on this site, educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create quit plan.  Those two steps made all the difference for me. Mark included some really helpful links in his post, so check them out.

We're here to support you on your journey.  Take the first step to being nicotine free.  Just reach out any time you need encourage or to just share your experience.

Barb

0 Kudos
Farmkidd25

Hi. My name is Matt, I Chew tobacco and am starting my quit. I started chantix today.

0 Kudos
Jones6970

Congratulations! this website has been an amazing tool for me, so if you have any doubt about quitting, just read read read. It helped me so much this time to understand what nicotine does to the brain and what you're actually changing when you quit.

0 Kudos
Quitter506070

My name is Valerie & I’m 5 days no cigarettes, and I want one bad. This is the longest I’ve gone in a while, I was hoping once I got past the 3 day hump cravings would subside a bit, going to stick with it. 

0 Kudos
Jones6970

Good luck and remember the mind games! It seems that the cravings spike when we don't get our brain in alignment with our intentions... Remember WHY you want to quit, and you might have to reframe your thoughts.... If I think that I CAN'T have a smoke, then that's all I can think about. Instead, when that craving hits, if I stop and breathe for just a bit, I can remind myself that I CAN smoke if I want to, but I am CHOOSING not to this time, and as I focus on why I don't want to, the craving will fade. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. You got this! I personally feel that the actual nicotine craving is no where near the size of my brain making me feel I am missing out. Missing out on what? Health, breathing, money? No. Absolutely nothing important. Just a nasty little habit that we are kicking to the curb! Nicotine leaves a hole that will never be filled... Let's reclaim our wholeness!

0 Kudos
Quitter506070

Thank you, made it through the day, feeling much better and less distracted/agitated today, I resisted the temptation to ask my ex for one when he came over, I resisted the urge at the gas station (instead bought all the snacks my heart desired, no intention of replacing cigarettes with snacks, but I need to be kind to myself and sour patch kids definitely got me through a tough evening haha) 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Quitter506070   Congrats on your 5 days smoke free.  Be patient with yourself; it takes some time.

Barb

Quitter506070

Made it through the day! My ex husband came over (he smokes), and I had the willpower not to ask for one. VERY tempting though! Especially since I’d been craving one all day to the point of being distracted, I feel much better today. 

0 Kudos