Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
SamDy09

Hi all! My name is Samantha, 25 and from the Netherlands (hope that's not a problem). 

I've tried to quit a ton of times, and fail constantly. I live with 4 other smokers. I still live at home, so I'm not the boss here.

I smoke 32 a day of heavy tobacco. Today I purchased some patches and I'm going to try to quit again tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
tyndallgw

Good luck Samantha, we are all behind you 100%.....always remember you can come here to get a word of encouragement if needed.   

-George

0 Kudos
Giulia

Wow, all the way from the Netherlands!  How cool is that.  Welcome Samantha!.  You may live at home and not be the boss there, but you can be the boss of your quit!  And you can be the champion of your household. Wow, living with four other smokers.  That's a challenge for sure.  But it's still doable if you've set your sights to the goal of being smoke free.  Because when you have, NOTHING can stop you.  Glad you're here.  Stick around.  We'll rub off on you!  I look forward to the time when you're the only non-smoker in your household and you rub off on the others.  Don't doubt that you can do this.  Even if you've tried to quit tons of times.  You just didn't figure it out before.  Now you can.  We've got your back.  

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex SamDy09   You came to the right place to receive help with your quit.   If you "Post to My Blog" to introduce yourself, you'll receive lots of the support from the community.  We're here for you.  Just reach out if you need encouragement.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

SamDy09

It's not a problem that you're here at all. You somehow slipped through a wormhole in the internet and made it to us even though you're not stateside. Impressive. Maybe a happy accident! How are you doing?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
KA27

Thank you Mark! 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome KA27 to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  These two steps making quitting possible.   We're here to support you on journey.

If you "Post to My Blog" and introduce yourself, you'll get lots of support from the community.

Barb

0 Kudos
KA27

Hi.   I am new to this group. I have been chewing tobacco for over 4 years on and off.  And last night I finalized realized it is time for me to quit.  So fingers crossed I can quit starting on October 1st if not sooner.  Anyone have any suggestions on helping me quit? I can’t do nicotine patches or gum unfortunately.   But I’m glad to be able to have some extra support on here !  

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

KA27

Glad you're here. Did you see our information on How to Quit Chewing Tobacco, Snuff or Snus ?  We also have Chewing Tobacco‌ which may have some posts from others who quit chewing tobacco as well but you'll also find a lot of helpful people around here who have helpful information that should be applicable to you even if they quit vaping or smoking.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Jones6970

Hello everyone, today's my quit date. Last night I smoked my last cigarette.  My husband is still smoking he's not ready to quit, so this is just my journey. I put candy dishes throughout the house with hard candies in them, I stuck post-its all over the house with my reasons to quit on them I have an app for stress reduction, meditations, quick games like suduko to break cravings, and I've also purchased a few boxes of the nicotine patches. I got up this morning and decided to see if I really needed a patch, and didn't put one on right away.  I have gone all day "cold turkey" if you want to call it that but so far so good. My anxiety is a little bit high but I'm not moody or crazy like I normally get... I've probably tried to quit smoking 40 plus times in the 35 years I've smoked so I'm deemed a serial quitter haha! I turned 50 this year and I don't want to keep smoking. I have grandbabies to play with! I figure this time I am going to quit my way because this is my quit and all the other ways I have tried, I have failed. My backup plan is the patches, so this time, no more smoking, no more "just one" mentality.  I. Am. Done. Thanks for all the great advice and support on this site.  

0 Kudos