Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Barbscloud

Always remember it's your quit. no anyone else's (including family).  You've probably read what you're feeling right now is normal.  This is a good time to stay close for support.   We've all felt that way, but they'r never is a really good time to quit.  With little else to do, make this your priority.  Stay close.

Barb

Acciosanity

Hello all! I'm Elaine and today's my quit day. Just trying to stay positive and optimistic...

Giulia

On your team.  You can do this.  BELIEVE you can and keep breathing through the tough moments.

Barbscloud

Welcome also.  There's a great group of new quitter's here.   

Barb

Erica_holland

Hey, I'm Erica! I'm 28 and I started smoking when I was 14 because my older boyfriend did (such a cliche, oh my god) and about 3 years ago I started using e-cigarettes to quit... which has just lead to me smoking upwards of 2 juul pods a day. SO. GROSS. So freaking gross!! I'm excited but mostly nervous to quit. Ahhhh!

Barbscloud

Erica_holland Hi Erica.  Welcome to the Ex.   I'm glad you decided to quit while you're so young and can probably avert some of the health effects that many here suffer from.   It's important to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Have you picked a quit date?  Decided whether to use an aid, medication, or cold turkey?   Being nervous is normal.  We've smoked/vaped our way through every activity and emotion.   What worked for me this time was approaching it one day at a time.   I alleviated the fear when I realized it was a choice and I could smoke again if I choose to.  I only needed to do this for one day.  Then the days start to add up.   There are great group of people to support you here at every stage of their quitting journey.  We're here for you.   Just reach out anytime you need encouragement or just want to share.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Erica_holland wrote:

Hey, I'm Erica! I'm 28 and I started smoking when I was 14 because my older boyfriend did (such a cliche, oh my god) and about 3 years ago I started using e-cigarettes to quit... which has just lead to me smoking upwards of 2 juul pods a day. SO. GROSS. So freaking gross!! I'm excited but mostly nervous to quit. Ahhhh!

Welcome and glad you're here. There is a lot of information here for you. You can also look into E-Cig and Vape Quitters and Users‌. Searching in upper right, (Magnifying glass) will also help you find other juul, vaping and e-cig content around the site too.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
ghhaspel

Hi my name is Gary I’ve been smoking most of my life. I’m 62 years old not sure if I’m really ready but I want to do this. I put my start date for about a week away.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex ghhaspel  and Stevd1979  .  Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit planMy EX Plan | BecomeAnEX .  Knowledge and preparation are the key to success.  I set myself up for failure in the past by not doing either.  Set a quit date, decide if you're going to use an aid, medication or go cold turkey.  There is wonderful support on this site.  You just need to reach out anytime you need encouragement or want to share your journey. 

I suggest you post to "Post to My Blog" so the community gets to know you and can be there to support you.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome! So glad you're here! ghhaspel

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team