cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tomb7382

Week 2

So I never really do these things online but the support I see on this site is incredible. 

I have smoked roughly 1.5 packs every week for about 10years(I'm 27). Now, I am going on 2 weeks clean, cold turkey, and I feel better. I'm feeling good about committing to something I have wanted for years. I've tried before, to quit, but it was never for me, id try to quit for a girl or I'd try to quit for a family member and it never worked. This time I quit for me. The cravings for a cig are bad sometimes, I just want to sneak a smoke and not tell anyone, but I know I'll only be cheating myself. Its a good feeling though, knowing I am stronger than the nicotine. I never thought I'd be able to beat this addiction, but here I am,  I am doing this! I will try to post around my 1 month mark with an update on how I'm doing, I got a good feeling this time, I got this and you can to, without question, beat nicotine.

Tags (1)
14 Replies
Giulia

Why wait until your one month mark to post?  Part of support is the on-going give and take of the journey.  A month, when you've first quit, is a LONG time to be quit.  So I'd suggest you pipe up more often.  If not in a blog of your own, at least in response to others.  Support is a two-way street.  When we give support it echos back in our own heads and we start to believe it for ourselves!  lol.  And truly, part of this journey to smoke freedom is convincing ourselves that it's the right and best choice.  And eventually you look back and say "Really? How could I done that stupid thing  for so long????!!!!)  

You know, it really isn't until we acknowledge that we have to quit for OURSELVES, that a quit is likely to stick.  We can hide things from others, but we can't hide them from our honest, bottom-line selves.  It's one thing to lie to others.  Quite different when we're lying in bed at night and have to confront ourselves and our own honesty. "I know I'll only be cheating myself."  That's the first step, I believe, in the conquering of this addiction.  Recognizing that we're only cheating ourselves out of LIFE.  

Fortunately you've recognized that.  So I'd say welcome to your Freedom!  

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Thanks for sharing your quit story. Keep up the good work. 

puglvr64

Help! I'm starting my second week , today is rough ! I'm moody,emotional, snappy & i  Feel lethargic is this normal?

0 Kudos
elvan

It IS normal it will pass...this will all get easier as time passes by.  YOU will get stronger in ways you did not even realize you could.  I worked today and I am exhausted tonight but I know that if she is still up and around that YoungAtHeart‌ will give you the welcome I would LIKE to.

We are here for you and we have all been through tough times...some tougher than others.  Once we realize that smoking does nothing FOR us, only TO us...we have a jump start on our quits.  Stay close to the site, read everything you can, educate yourself about smoking addiction and see what has worked for others before deciding what is best for you.  I promise you that you are in the right place.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Giulia

Checking In Ostrich.jpg

Hope you're hanging in!

0 Kudos